slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Mar '14 13:09
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mU-NGPOOMVM

Bumped into this in youtube.
    Looks fantastic.
    Future or fantasy?
    The specs went by pretty quick, did he say 220 mile range? Not sure. That would make it good for my commute, 160 miles a day 5 days a week. Go to work, plug it in, etc. How bout this: Add solar cells on top and sides, extend range or let it fully charge in the sun maybe in a couple of days on non use.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Mar '14 14:31

Looks fantastic.
    Future or fantasy?
    self balancing is pretty awesome amazing piece of tech.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Mar '14 17:37
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    self balancing is pretty awesome amazing piece of tech.
    Same as the segway.
  5. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    29 Mar '14 18:081 edit
    I have just watched the video and I am impressed because their argument for this makes a lot of sense; there are a lot of 4-wheeled cars on the road with just one driver in each that cause traffic congestion and jams. If they can be replaced with smaller 2-wheeled one's, that would reduce the amount of space they use up on the road and therefore reduce traffic congestion and traffic jams. I also suspect they will use less fuel and can be made to be cheaper to run.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Mar '14 22:17
    Originally posted by humy
    I have just watched the video and I am impressed because their argument for this makes a lot of sense; there are a lot of 4-wheeled cars on the road with just one driver in each that cause traffic congestion and jams. If they can be replaced with smaller 2-wheeled one's, that would reduce the amount of space they use up on the road and therefore reduce traffic ...[text shortened]... n and traffic jams. I also suspect they will use less fuel and can be made to be cheaper to run.
    Thinking about it, I don't think these things would be a lot more efficient in use of road space because I don't think they would let them run two to a lane, so they would end up end to end like regular cars. They could probably get out of trouble easier, if there was a multi car crash I would think though.

They are about one meter wide so to get two in a lane they would be 2+ meters wide and would have to have some room between them so they would probably need 3 meters of space. I haven't measured the width of a lane but I don't think they are 3 meters wide.
  7. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    31 Mar '14 08:28

Looks fantastic.
    Future or fantasy?
    Future or fantasy? I would say fantasy.

They say it is safe, but I doubt it. In an accident I don't think you will have any control over your vehicle. A gently push sideways and you're out. That's what I think, until I know better.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Mar '14 08:423 edits
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Future or fantasy? I would say fantasy.

They say it is safe, but I doubt it. In an accident I don't think you will have any control over your vehicle. A gently push sideways and you're out. That's what I think, until I know better.
    how much control do you have of a 'conventional' vehicle in an accident? as any motorcyclist will tell you if something hits you, your gone, this vehicle has way more protection. Put in some roll bars and a seat belt you are as safe as can be reasonably expected.
  9. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    31 Mar '14 09:40
    how much control do you have of a 'conventional' vehicle in an accident? as any motorcyclist will tell you if something hits you, your gone, this vehicle has way more protection. Put in some roll bars and a seat belt you are as safe as can be reasonably expected.
    Well, yes, perhaps you are right.

I don't like the idea, though, that the vehicle takes control from me to manoeuvre it for itself...

Let's just see what happens when it is tested by real customers in real traffic.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Mar '14 10:00
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Well, yes, perhaps you are right.

I don't like the idea, though, that the vehicle takes control from me to manoeuvre it for itself...

Let's just see what happens when it is tested by real customers in real traffic.
    hmm I think I could get used to it, something has got to be better than the loaded lanes of petrol guzzling traffic that permeate the road system.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    31 Mar '14 10:20
    hmm I think I could get used to it, something has got to be better than the loaded lanes of petrol guzzling traffic that permeate the road system.
    Overall though, would it actually save fuel if people commuted 4 to a vehicle instead of using 4 of these things, safety considerations aside?

I think the inertial compensators would keep the vehicle upright if tapped on the side though.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree