1. Standard memberwoodypusher
    misanthrope
    seclusion
    Moves
    25 Feb '14 19:55
    http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/next/earth/4-4-billion-year-old-crystal-is-the-oldest-piece-of-earths-crust/
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 Feb '14 22:19
    Originally posted by woodypusher
    http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/next/earth/4-4-billion-year-old-crystal-is-the-oldest-piece-of-earths-crust/
    I read that. That ion probe must be a bitch to operate! It sounds like a cross between an ion implanter and an electron microscope but using ions instead of electrons.

You might call it an ion microscope but not sure.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Feb '14 12:27
    Originally posted by woodypusher
    It would be nice if they would not keep trying to mislead people by making op ages of billions of years to make their finds seem extra special. It makes people doubt the rest of their stuff when they keep making up these wild dates.
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    26 Feb '14 12:45
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    It would be nice if they would not keep trying to mislead people by making op ages of billions of years to make their finds seem extra special. It makes people doubt the rest of their stuff when they keep making up these wild dates.
    This is Science Forum. Here we discuss Science stuff.
    If you want to discuss religious stuff, then there is a Spiritual Forum for just that.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Feb '14 13:241 edit
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    This is Science Forum. Here we discuss Science stuff.
    If you want to discuss religious stuff, then there is a Spiritual Forum for just that.
    Well, when one starts talking about billions of years in the past or future that is science fiction.
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    26 Feb '14 13:30
    Well, when one starts talking about billions of years in the past or future that is science fiction.
    Still science.

I'm up to discuss this with you, but not here in the Science Forum. Unless you keep it science.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Feb '14 13:331 edit
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Still science.

I'm up to discuss this with you, but not here in the Science Forum. Unless you keep it science.
    Science fiction to you is still science? It doesn't matter if it is true or false, right?
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    26 Feb '14 13:39
    Science fiction to you is still science? It doesn't matter if it is true or false, right?
    It's only science fiction in your deluded mind. REAL people KNOW how old the Earth is and it is 100% certain not to be a few thousand years old.

That is your delusion, not ours and please keep it out of the science forum.
  9. Standard memberwoodypusher
    misanthrope
    seclusion
    Moves
    27 Feb '14 04:05
    Science fiction is more factual than your ridiculous bible.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Mar '14 04:02
    John McCain just came out and said he wants his crystal back. 😠

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree