1. Joined
    12 May '07
    Moves
    10 May '09 00:18
    Originally posted by Andrew Hamilton
    [b]…one side says that a Biblical explanation is WORTH more than a scientific one, while the other one says the contrary.

Neither side is correct, because one cannot measure the IMPORTANCE of science or religion based on the other. .…
    (my emphasis)

“WORTH more”? “IMPORTANCE of”? this is certainly not what I have been arguing about here n ...[text shortened]... lder than this, surely it couldn’t logically be true that “neither side is correct” as you said?[/b]
    I understand what you are saying. What I'm trying to say is that there will probably never be a complete agreement between the two of them (religion and science) because they use reasons that cannot be measured with one another. To each other, the other one is incorrect, that is why I say that neither is correct, I meant that one cannot convince the other. I think I expressed it incorrectly.

Personally, I don't think any school system should teach about beliefs without proof. I think it is better to just teach them acual facts, not ignorant beliefs that can't stand for themselves.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 May '09 00:452 edits
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    There have been many honest debates of creationists V science. The problem is creationists/ID'ers cannot scientifically even find evidence much less proof of their contentions and instead resort to court battles to force schools to teach creationism side by side with evolution, letting the children quote 'decide for themselves' which quote 'theory' is corre e in creationism, merely religious dogma and not even original but consciously plagerized.
    i have to disagree, on points of principle, for if the evolutionary hypothesis is, as far is it can be determined, a theory, and creationism is also a theory, then what is wrong with allowing people to evaluate the two for themselves. for it seems to me that those evolutionists who are opposed seem to be just as dogmatic as those creationists who wish to introduce their theory. if it cannot be proven to be established scientifically, then what have the evolutionists got to worry about? for surely the students will make an evaluation for themselves based on supporting evidence. in fact for many, who have been taught the ideas in school, it takes a greater leap of faith to believe in the evolutionary hypothesis, than it does creationism. nor can you state that this is due to a lack of knowledge or understanding, for many of the creationists are quite well aware of the principle ideas themselves. People have minds of their own, why should they be subjected to one prevailing idea and not another? anything to the contrary reeks of manipulation.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree