1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    02 Dec '13 11:37
    https://scontent-a-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash2/26535_376231099337_7702335_n.jpg?lvh=1

I don't see this happening unless there is enough AI onboard for them to be autonomous. I can't imagine them hiring hundreds of remote control pilots to run all those deliveries that would be in the thousands each day.
  2. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    02 Dec '13 19:022 edits
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    https://scontent-a-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash2/26535_376231099337_7702335_n.jpg?lvh=1

I don't see this happening unless there is enough AI onboard for them to be autonomous. I can't imagine them hiring hundreds of remote control pilots to run all those deliveries that would be in the thousands each day.
    I can just imagine it; one of those things gets lost and malfunctions and there you our minding your own business relaxing in your home and with a very load bang it smashes through you window and onto your lap giving you one hell of a surprise!

I am not sure if they would have the safety issues fully covered.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    02 Dec '13 19:16
    Originally posted by humy
    I can just imagine it; one of those things gets lost and malfunctions and there you our minding your own business relaxing in your home and with a very load bang it smashes through you window and onto your lap giving you one hell of a surprise!

I am not sure if they would have the safety issues fully covered.
    Not to mention a free gift🙂 How 'bout this scenario: Roving gangs of JD's tracking the drones and shooting them down or better yet, hack into the electronics and give it GPS data they want, have it fly down and instant present!

Then of course Amazon would have to retaliate with higher class AI and better protection from hacking, which causes the kids to up the ante.
    Gee, that sounds familiar🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree