1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 Jun '10 23:00
    Originally posted by zeeblebot
    i've seen it! it looks even more like a monument!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Masada_Roman_Ruins_by_David_Shankbone.jpg
    Funny, that one. I walked up the Masada path, a steep walk of maybe 3 kilometers up a switchback zig zaggy path, those ruins don't look quite as large to the naked eye on top of Masada as the image does. Now there is a cable car ride going to the top, much less organic! It was something to do after a party, 2 AM, my buddies say (we were working at Intel in Jerusalem) 'Lets go to Masada'. I had no idea what they were talking about so set off on the 1 hour or so car ride and had to wait till 5 AM when they opened up and we walked the trail. I did ok, it is pretty amazing on top, Herod's castle and the town they built on top after Herod abandoned the place. I assume you know the story of Masada. The Israeli's have a poster that says 'Never Again', more than one meaning for Jews. I am not Jewish but got work there, kids in the Anglican International School, nice school, in Jerusalem, one of my kids graduated from HS there. Lived in Abu Tor and later near the shopping mall called Malcha, also very close to a soccer stadium, cars parked 4 deep in the roads, you better be home from work and already parked and not needing to go anywhere on Soccer night🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree