1. Stockholm
    Moves
    29 Apr '08 11:21
    Just thought I'd share one of my favourite destinations on the Internet. Amazing pictures and links to all kinds of interesting articles and stuff:

http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/archivepix.html
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Apr '08 12:34
    Originally posted by Zipdrive Nightmare
    Just thought I'd share one of my favourite destinations on the Internet. Amazing pictures and links to all kinds of interesting articles and stuff:

http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/archivepix.html
    ditto with that. I posted about that 4 years ago!
  3. Stockholm
    Moves
    29 Apr '08 13:10
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    ditto with that. I posted about that 4 years ago!
    Sorry, I didn't read that thread 😉
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    01 May '08 13:06
    Originally posted by Zipdrive Nightmare
    Sorry, I didn't read that thread 😉
    I think some threads are worth repeating. I look at APOD every day without fail. I just made one my background, two humungus galaxies in the process of colliding, I love those kind of images. They are seen face on like two buzzsaws clashing. Amazing stuff! I love the latest one of Eta Carina, they keep extracting more detail out of it. I downloaded one image of it about 4 years ago and even I got more detail out of it than the raw image because it came with image enhancement software and I saw it was a lot more extended than the original images showed. Now though, they add IR and UV and visible light and merge them to make one incredibly detailed new look at it. I downloaded that one to my wife's desktop.
  5. Standard memberpatauro
    Patricia
    Moves
    01 May '08 19:50
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of the little man in the diving helmet. I watched Sea-Beams glitter in the dark near the bubble-action pirate chest. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in an aquarium. Time to fry.
    Parricia
  6. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    01 May '08 22:06
    Originally posted by patauro
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of the little man in the diving helmet. I watched Sea-Beams glitter in the dark near the bubble-action pirate chest. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in an aquarium. Time to fry.
    Parricia
    I didn't recognize the quote.
  7. Standard memberpatauro
    Patricia
    Moves
    01 May '08 23:20
    oh, it wasn't a quote, it is a semi-quasi-pseudo- plagiarism, of a previous post. From the movie, Blade Runner.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree