1. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Apr '08 15:49
    Here is a question I will answer later...
    When you boil water and you see that white stuff flowing upwards off of the boiling water,what is that white stuff called?Simple right?So whats the answer?
  2. Joined
    21 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Apr '08 16:31
    I dont see white stuff in my boiling water. Maybe you need to wash your pots better? Unless you have hard water or well water maybe.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Apr '08 18:32
    Originally posted by Wayne1324
    I dont see white stuff in my boiling water. Maybe you need to wash your pots better? Unless you have hard water or well water maybe.
    first wrong answer and you have to learn to read my statement closer!
    I did not say white stuff in my water or in my pot,...I said what is the white stuff flowing "upwards off of the boiling water".
    Next!
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Apr '08 18:35
    Originally posted by Chainsaw
    first wrong answer and you have to learn to read my statement closer!
    I did not say white stuff in my water or in my pot,...I said what is the white stuff flowing "upwards off of the boiling water".
    Next!
    and yes wayne you have it and everyone on earth has it,when water is boiled,hard,soft,distilled,pure or whatever...so simple,right?
    next!
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 Apr '08 18:361 edit
    Here is a question I will answer later...
    When you boil water and you see that white stuff flowing upwards off of the boiling water,what is that white stuff called?Simple right?So whats the answer?
    You talking about steam? If it's only water with no contamination as in DI water, then it would have to be steam.
    You back from Utah?
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Apr '08 18:37
    and yes wayne you have it and everyone on earth has it,when water is boiled,hard,soft,distilled,pure or whatever...so simple,right?
    next!
    let me 'slightly' rephrase....
    what is the white stuff called that freely "rises" upwards and off of boiling water?
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Apr '08 18:39
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    You talking about steam? If it's only water with no contamination as in DI water, then it would have to be steam.
    You back from Utah?
    No...the ansewr i expected someone to say is:Its steam.
    INCORRECT!
    Next!
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Apr '08 23:19
    No...the ansewr i expected someone to say is:Its steam.
    INCORRECT!
    Next!
    Ok...heres the answer:
    What you see rising off of boiling water is NOT steam,its water vapor!
    Water vapor and steam are actually two different things.Water vapor is the visible evaporating water starting to rise upwards because STEAM is pushing the water vapor higher and higher.Steam is actually an INVISIBLE gas caused by the heat,pressure and water reaction.
    Did you ever see a steam pipe up close with alot of water vapor coming out of it?So where is the steam?.....Its that clear gap or space right at the pipe opening and the water vapor seems to appear directly above that gap by an inch or two.
    So there you have it.You can't see steam,you can only see water vapor.And steam and water vapor are two different things.Anyone that disagree's has been taught incorrectly and if your dad told you they are the same...he is wrong too!
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Apr '08 00:41
    Ok...heres the answer:
    What you see rising off of boiling water is NOT steam,its water vapor!
    Water vapor and steam are actually two different things.Water vapor is the visible evaporating water starting to rise upwards because STEAM is pushing the water vapor higher and higher.Steam is actually an INVISIBLE gas caused by the heat,pressure and water reac ...[text shortened]... ee's has been taught incorrectly and if your dad told you they are the same...he is wrong too!
    I'm not worthy. I'm not worthy🙂 Thanks for pointing that out! So did you go to Utah, when we played blitz you said thats where you are off to.
  10. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    07 Apr '08 07:28

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

11. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    07 Apr '08 09:56
    if your dad told you they are the same...he is wrong too!
    My dad can beat up your dad.
  12. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    07 Apr '08 12:33

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

13. Joined
    31 Jan '07
    Moves
    07 Apr '08 13:27
    And Russ had the last word - check the removed players list.
  14. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    08 Apr '08 07:10
    yeah i think he removed my post where i called chainsaw a moron too

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree