Moves
    11 Aug '11 15:27
    http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/08/110810141248.htm

This is incredible!
  2. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    11 Aug '11 17:59
    I was reading about that yesterday. It is quite something. Finally maybe some outright noninvasive cures for some cancers are in the offing.

The study also highlights the importance of taking creative approaches to problems instead of trying to incrementally tweak traditional "tried-and-true" treatment regimens.
  3. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    11 Aug '11 19:10
    Excellent news!
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Aug '11 21:25
    Originally posted by Soothfast
    I was reading about that yesterday. It is quite something. Finally maybe some outright noninvasive cures for some cancers are in the offing.

The study also highlights the importance of taking creative approaches to problems instead of trying to incrementally tweak traditional "tried-and-true" treatment regimens.
    The amazing thing is the cancer cells pretty much all died at once! That by itself was a burden to the body but he survived, having to scavenge all those dead cells.
  5. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    12 Aug '11 14:23
    Originally posted by sonhouse

This is incredible!
    Very interesting indeed. I've heard about the idea before, but I had never heard of anyone who had come close to making it work. And if there's one type of cancer where this is good news, it's leukemia.

Richard
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    15 Aug '11 08:39
    http://xkcd.com/938/
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    17 Aug '11 00:41
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    http://xkcd.com/938/
    Made it to that cartoon pretty fast!
    I've seen them before.
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    17 Aug '11 05:59
    Made it to that cartoon pretty fast!
    I've seen them before.
    Either the writer or a close family member has (or had) cancer, so the writer keeps up on news regarding cancer. There have been several strips on the topic.
  9. Joined
    05 Feb '11
    Moves
    17 Aug '11 08:24
    Good news at last.
  10. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Aug '11 03:50

This is incredible!
    Waste of time.

Waste of resources.

Waste of money.

Because we all know cancer is self created by ignorant persons who do no live well.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    18 Aug '11 06:072 edits
    Originally posted by Dasa
    Waste of time.

Waste of resources.

Waste of money.

Because we all know cancer is self created by ignorant persons who do no live well.
    That is one of the most heartless statements I have heard in a long time. You are downright rude and I for one don't like to see that kind of statement in the science forum.

If you want to make statements like that, then come up with some backing research results.

Environment issues certainly causes cancer but not all cancers. I can assure you cancer has been a part of humanity since the first humans and before that with primates and most other life forms.

It was thought the only life form to not get cancer was some species of shark. But it has been shown they get cancer too, not to the extent as humans but it happens so lets see some justification for your cruel statement.

I am beginning to think your religion has clouded your judgement on everyday life to a point where IMHO you need psychological counseling.

Take a read on this site, maybe you will get a different view, but I doubt it.

http://www.cancer.org/Cancer/CancerBasics/TheHistoryofCancer/the-history-of-cancer-cancer-causes-theories-throughout-history

And this about vegans and cancer:

http://www.peta.org/issues/animals-used-for-food/cancer.aspx

it shows cancer rates half of that of meat eaters. Please note, that is not zero.

You can be the best vegan in the world who lives the life of vedic knowledge and still get cancer. Less than meat eaters but still get cancer.
  12. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Aug '11 18:15
    That is one of the most heartless statements I have heard in a long time. You are downright rude and I for one don't like to see that kind of statement in the science forum.

If you want to make statements like that, then come up with some backing research results.

Environment issues certainly causes cancer but not all cancers. I can assure you cancer ...[text shortened]... s the life of vedic knowledge and still get cancer. Less than meat eaters but still get cancer.
    Wake up.

Cancer is not the problem.

You have been told.

Cancer is the symptom.

True religion cure the cause.

Cancer research is a band-aid solution.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    18 Aug '11 20:26
    Originally posted by Dasa
    Wake up.

Cancer is not the problem.

You have been told.

Cancer is the symptom.

True religion cure the cause.

Cancer research is a band-aid solution.
    So cure cancer then. make people feel better. Oh I forgot, they will feel SO much better in their next life when they die an agonizing death in this one. Sure, that's the ticket, poor sod gets cancer, is in extreme pain for 4 years, chemo only partly helps, he has to start smoking marijuana to be able to eat. And then he hears your words, gets convinced and BOING, no more cancer.

What a load of horse pucky.
  14. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Aug '11 00:08
    So cure cancer then. make people feel better. Oh I forgot, they will feel SO much better in their next life when they die an agonizing death in this one. Sure, that's the ticket, poor sod gets cancer, is in extreme pain for 4 years, chemo only partly helps, he has to start smoking marijuana to be able to eat. And then he hears your words, gets convinced and BOING, no more cancer.

What a load of horse pucky.
    Listen to my words.

Digest them.

Contemplate them with honesty.

And wake up.

Cancer is the symptom of something much larger.

The larger thing is a life lived in ignorance.

Ignorance will have the person live without spirituality.

Living without spirituality will have the person live badly by abusing his mind and body and will have him believe in falsity.

All this this will cause cancer, but even if someone lives a healthy life they may still get cancer because of past karma.

Karma may be instant or often it comes along much later.

Karma is the results of all the deeds done, words spoken and thoughts thought.

To have good karma one must live the spiritual life which is the only life to live for human beings.

Life without spirituality is animal living.

Animals are only concerned in eating something, having sex with something, defending their territory, and sleeping.

Living without spirituality is living like the animals and this will cause cancer.

So stop trying to invent a pill to stop cancer and educate the people to live properly and to think properly.

Inventing a pill to stop cancer is trying to avoid the real medicine of changing the ways of the people to live spiritually instead of living like the animals.
  15. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    19 Aug '11 00:11

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree