Creation Museums.

Creation Museums.

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AH

Moves
28 Jun 09
2 edits

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Scandinavia ( which doesn’t say much ).

exactly my point, it is completely unsatisfactory and should therefore be abandoned lest the uninitiated ascribe to it, characterises which it does not possess. My goodness, is this the science forum or middle earth?
…exactly my point, it is completely unsatisfactory and should therefore be abandoned

You mean we should abandon calling anyone “Scandinavia” or “British” etc?
In your opinion, is there any way of describing, conveniently with just one word, just one characteristic that a particular person has without “labelling” that person?
Isn’t calling me a “man” or adult “male” also “labelling” me and, if so, is there a way you could point out to somebody that I am a man or adult male without “labelling” me as a “man” or adult “male” (short of tearing my cloths off and visually exposing my male characteristics)?

F

Moves
28 Jun 09

Originally posted by Andrew Hamilton
[b]…exactly my point, it is completely unsatisfactory and should therefore be abandoned

In your opinion, is there any way of describing, conveniently with just one word, just one characteristic that a particular person has without “labelling” that person?
Isn’t c ...[text shortened]... or adult “male” (short of tearing my cloths off and visually exposing my male characteristics)?[/b]
He's just not serious. He likes to throuw out an (proposterous) argument, and I bit the bait. Sorry I did that in the first place. He's just not serious. That's how I label him.

rc

Moves
28 Jun 09
1 edit

Originally posted by Andrew Hamilton
[b]…exactly my point, it is completely unsatisfactory and should therefore be abandoned

Isn’t c ...[text shortened]... or adult “male” (short of tearing my cloths off and visually exposing my male characteristics)?[/b]

Yes, exactly, it says nothing, we should treat and refer to persons as individuals, this was the entire point that Fabian managed to miss, and why i resent being labelled a creationist, for i have my own mind, my own evaluations and my own perceptions and in this i am entirely serious, i am not clever enough to bait Fabian, nor brave enough for that matter.

Now i would like to ask you guys a question that has been bothering me for ages, do you class (evaluate) the social sciences as actual science for example sociology?

F

Moves
29 Jun 09
1 edit

Yes, exactly, it says nothing, we should treat and refer to persons as individuals, this was the entire point that Fabian managed to miss, and why i resent being labelled a creationist, for i have my own mind, my own evaluations and my own perceptions and in this i am entir ...[text shortened]... e for ages, do you class (evaluate) the social sciences as actual science for example sociology?
If you want to be labelled as 'serious' you have at least read my postings in this thread. If you think you have, then you have to, in order to be labelled 'serious', try to understand what I've written.

Until then I don't think you are 'serious' in this thread.

rc

Moves
29 Jun 09
1 edit

I have littered the science forum enough with my thoughts, it is clear to me, that you guys are not free and original thinkers, but instead prefer to simply assimilate the thoughts of others, it is noble in itself, but originality of thought is to be aimed at, i will therefore now, with a kind of sigh of relief, take my leave, good riddance to you Robbie is what i say, they were not ready to embrace such freedom, instead they were intent to dwell in their world of labels and libels and limit their search to unintelligent agencies, so be it! their house is abandoned to them!

F

Moves
29 Jun 09

I have littered the science forum enough with my thoughts, it is clear to me, that you guys are not free and original thinkers, but instead prefer to simply assimilate the thoughts of others, it is noble in itself, but originality of thought is to be aimed at, i will therefore now, with a kind of sigh of relief, take my leave, good riddance to you Ro ...[text shortened]... s and limit their search to unintelligent agencies, so be it! their house is abandoned to them!
Another one labelled as a fundamentalist bites the grass.

He thinks that his thoughts are original, surprise, they aren't. He think, like other fundamentalists that he thinks outside the box, when he's just stuck in the box. Pity.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
29 Jun 09

I have littered the science forum enough with my thoughts, it is clear to me, that you guys are not free and original thinkers, but instead prefer to simply assimilate the thoughts of others, it is noble in itself, but originality of thought is to be aimed at, i will therefore now, with a kind of sigh of relief, take my leave, good riddance to you Ro ...[text shortened]... s and limit their search to unintelligent agencies, so be it! their house is abandoned to them!
You really are a strange man.

AH

Moves
29 Jun 09
1 edit

Yes, exactly, it says nothing, we should treat and refer to persons as individuals, this was the entire point that Fabian managed to miss, and why i resent being labelled a creationist, for i have my own mind, my own evaluations and my own perceptions and in this i am entir ...[text shortened]... e for ages, do you class (evaluate) the social sciences as actual science for example sociology?
I really don’t understand; if somebody asked you just out of curiosity what nationality I am of, how would you answer? wouldn’t you say “he is British”? If not, how else can you answer this simple question?

…Now i would like to ask you guys a question that has been bothering me for ages, do you CLASS (evaluate) the social sciences as actual science for example sociology?
(my emphasis)

Yes; at least I do. Any reason why I shouldn’t?
-as long as scientific method is consistently used then, of course, it is a science.

And which “CLASS” are you referring to above?

And why would that question bother you?

P

Moves
29 Jun 09

you guys are not free and original thinkers

I think I see a label there. Should we be offended?

--- Penguin.

jb

Moves
02 Jul 09

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Saw an article on the BBC website about the Creation Museum in Kenticky, US. Only to find out there is one i can visit here in the UK in Portsmouth. Unbelievable, i shall be popping there sometime soon for a good chuckle. On their website it states, topics covered include -

- A study of genetics shows that all humanity came from one man and one woma ...[text shortened]... their fossil counterparts.

If anyone wants a look. http://www.genesisexpo.co.uk/links.html
Hoy Mate!