1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Dec '09 13:01
    In 1697, De Moivre was elected into the elite Royal Society. He worked with prominent mathematicians, scientists, and astronomers including Sir Issac Newton and Edmond Halley. De Moivre intense study of mathematics led up to the discovery of new theorem that linked complex numbers to trigonometry. The theory states that for any real number x and any integer n, (cos(x)+ i sin(x))n = cos(nx) + i sin(nx)(about.com). As a result numerous trigonometric problems are able to be obtained with the application of de Moivre's theorem.

Notice he specifically multiplies the i sin(nx) times About.Com!!!! Amazing prediction!
  2. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    14 Dec '09 12:09
    The set of IP numbers was all the rage back then.
  3. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Shoot the Squatters?
    tinyurl.com/43m7k8bw
    Moves
    14 Dec '09 18:40
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    In 1697, De Moivre was elected into the elite Royal Society. He worked with prominent mathematicians, scientists, and astronomers including Sir Issac Newton and Edmond Halley. De Moivre intense study of mathematics led up to the discovery of new theorem that linked complex numbers to trigonometry. The theory states that for any real number x and any integer ...[text shortened]... m.

Notice he specifically multiplies the i sin(nx) times About.Com!!!! Amazing prediction!
    Nerd humor at it's worst. :'(😞

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree