Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Science Forum

Science Forum

1. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    13 Dec '09 13:01
    In 1697, De Moivre was elected into the elite Royal Society. He worked with prominent mathematicians, scientists, and astronomers including Sir Issac Newton and Edmond Halley. De Moivre intense study of mathematics led up to the discovery of new theorem that linked complex numbers to trigonometry. The theory states that for any real number x and any integer n, (cos(x)+ i sin(x))n = cos(nx) + i sin(nx)(about.com). As a result numerous trigonometric problems are able to be obtained with the application of de Moivre's theorem.

Notice he specifically multiplies the i sin(nx) times About.Com!!!! Amazing prediction!
  2. Standard member Palynka
    Upward Spiral
    14 Dec '09 12:09
    The set of IP numbers was all the rage back then.
  3. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    Do ya think?
    14 Dec '09 18:40
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    In 1697, De Moivre was elected into the elite Royal Society. He worked with prominent mathematicians, scientists, and astronomers including Sir Issac Newton and Edmond Halley. De Moivre intense study of mathematics led up to the discovery of new theorem that linked complex numbers to trigonometry. The theory states that for any real number x and any integer ...[text shortened]... m.

Notice he specifically multiplies the i sin(nx) times About.Com!!!! Amazing prediction!
    Nerd humor at it's worst. :'(