1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    17 Sep '13 23:07
    Originally posted by joe beyser
    I really don't have a dog in this fight, but the bible fellers say more than that. They say the land was lifted also. I can see why they could believe the motion of the water could cut a channel. Not saying that is what happened, but usually there is more to the story. It is interesting to see the different perspectives. I do not believe the petrified lo ...[text shortened]... how long they actually took in all cases but we don't need them as evidence of an older earth.
    The log story is true but of course the dating puts them around 30,000 years old not just a few like the Young Earthers desperately want to believe. It IS desperation you know.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Sep '13 00:35
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I gather you didn't read the last sentence in my post.
    Then why do you keep bringing this up in the Science Forum when you claim you realize it is outside the scope of science?

The Instructor
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    18 Sep '13 10:30
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Then why do you keep bringing this up in the Science Forum when you claim you realize it is outside the scope of science?

The Instructor
    The only reason you have stopped your religious rants here is because of the moderators. Left alone you would continue to preach your hate fill BS. So I took that question over to the so-called spiritual forum and have not mentioned it here since.

I get to rattling on and forget which forum I am in so that is why I realized that and took it to spirits.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Sep '13 17:44
    The only reason you have stopped your religious rants here is because of the moderators. Left alone you would continue to preach your hate fill BS. So I took that question over to the so-called spiritual forum and have not mentioned it here since.

I get to rattling on and forget which forum I am in so that is why I realized that and took it to spirits.
    Just remember to make a note that anything about millions and billions of years is not science.

The Instructor
  5. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    18 Sep '13 18:03
    Just remember to make a note that anything about millions and billions of years is not science.

The Instructor
    It is science.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 Sep '13 03:231 edit
    Originally posted by humy
    It is science.
    Speculating on things is not science, even sunhouse understands that.

The Instructor
  7. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    19 Sep '13 08:05

The Instructor
    It isn't speculating.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 Sep '13 09:31
    Originally posted by humy
    It isn't speculating.
    Suggesting and opinion giving is also not science.

The Instructor
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    20 Sep '13 11:09

The Instructor
    Who are you trying to scam? Speculation is the HEART of science. You don't speculate, imagine, try to visualize what is happening and you are stuck with religion which says, trust us we KNOW what is going on. Well you don't have a CLUE as to what is going on in the real world and in science.

You simply have a psychological block against any idea the world is older than your so-called biblical calculations say.

The funny part is, it is not even IN the bible about the age of the Earth. It is only ASSUMED the man made tales there are true and then they act on them as if they were speaking some universal truth but that is the furthest thing in the world from the truth.

And maybe you wonder why the US is falling behind in science. You don't give a rats ass if we lose out as long as we go to church and believe the fairy tales of the bible.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 Sep '13 22:12
    Who are you trying to scam? Speculation is the HEART of science. You don't speculate, imagine, try to visualize what is happening and you are stuck with religion which says, trust us we KNOW what is going on. Well you don't have a CLUE as to what is going on in the real world and in science.

You simply have a psychological block against any idea the wor ...[text shortened]... rats ass if we lose out as long as we go to church and believe the fairy tales of the bible.
    It has already been shown that diamonds can be made by man in 4 days. It does not have to take millions of years and it probably did not take millions of years. So the earth could have been made faster than the billions of years too.

The Instructor
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Sep '13 02:08
    It has already been shown that diamonds can be made by man in 4 days. It does not have to take millions of years and it probably did not take millions of years. So the earth could have been made faster than the billions of years too.

The Instructor
    Sure diamonds can be made in a LABORATORY in a few days with specialized machinery but make no mistake, it takes million of slow years to do the same in the mantle. You jump on ANYTHING in your desperate attempt to make the Earth 6000 years old and NOTHING you say will change the fact that the Earth is BILLIONS of years old. You just go deny deny deny, I'm sticking my thumbs in my ears NYA NYA NYA just like a 7 year old who doesn't want to listen to the truth of the world.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Sep '13 03:05
    Sure diamonds can be made in a LABORATORY in a few days with specialized machinery but make no mistake, it takes million of slow years to do the same in the mantle. You jump on ANYTHING in your desperate attempt to make the Earth 6000 years old and NOTHING you say will change the fact that the Earth is BILLIONS of years old. You just go deny deny deny, I'm ...[text shortened]... ears NYA NYA NYA just like a 7 year old who doesn't want to listen to the truth of the world.
    If there was an Intelligent Designer smarter than man, then why couldn't diamonds and the earth itself be made in less than 4 days?

The Instructor
  13. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    21 Sep '13 03:40
    If there was an Intelligent Designer smarter than man, then why couldn't diamonds and the earth itself be made in less than 4 days?

The Instructor
    You are forgetting the 6th state of matter.
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Sep '13 03:43
    First he has to have something to forget.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Sep '13 06:27
    There was nothing taught about the 6th state of matter when I took Physics. But the Physics I took was practical and not theoretical. Engineers deal with practical Physics.

The Instructor

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree