1. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    21 Jun '10 14:09
    Originally posted by black beetle
    This was the cause of my confusion
    😵
    Why did you quote references that contradicted your claims, by the way?
  2. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    21 Jun '10 15:08
    Originally posted by adam warlock
    Why did you quote references that contradicted your claims, by the way?
    Because I was not aware that I was really confused regarding the relativistic mass and the rest mass issue;
  3. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    21 Jun '10 20:34
    Because I was not aware that I was really confused regarding the relativistic mass and the rest mass issue;
    Oh... I thought you were kidding or something.
  4. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    22 Jun '10 03:36
    Oh... I thought you were kidding or something.
    Almost everytime I happen to worry about those burga wearing women in Amsterdamn I 'm monitoring myself pulling his leg😵
  5. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    22 Jun '10 10:17
    Almost everytime I happen to worry about those burga wearing women in Amsterdamn I 'm monitoring myself pulling his leg😵
    😕😕😕

Now you got me all confused again...
  6. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    22 Jun '10 11:12
    😕😕😕

Now you got me all confused again...
    Encountering life in its magnificent beauty and unspeakable terror I never imagined I would ever come out unscathed😵
  7. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    22 Jun '10 19:45
    Encountering life in its magnificent beauty and unspeakable terror I never imagined I would ever come out unscathed😵
    Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.
  8. Joined
    29 May '10
    Moves
    22 Jun '10 19:48
    re original post

well that is the entire thing of science and duality.

there is no "black box" world where we can excise a molecule from the forces around it.

we must remember that a molecule is a term we have created. It is an abstraction from the direct reality, not the reality itself.

The reality, in fact, is a condition that is always in flux. So, there is no "molecule" other than how it exists in relationship to all the forces interacting with it (which are always too vast to fully determine).

If we want to understand the molecule, we can try to excise it from the system in which it exists...and that can yield some interesting results. But we must understand those results to be necessarily skewed, by some percentage.

To more accurately understand the function of a molecule, atom or any body or force in science, it is necessary to understand the complete system.

This is why, for example, when doctors prescribe a drug which has some impact, say, on cholesterol...they sometimes so heavily focus on that "vector" that they exclude the full impact of the drug on the body and all its systems. Which is why statins (like Lipitor) can be very problematic.

Or, in physics, why people can so heavily cling to a single theory that they lose sight of the "forest" of interacting variables in the rest of whatever system of forces is being studied.
  9. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    22 Jun '10 22:54
    Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.
    Is that a reference to the forthcoming Toronto G20 Protest Party?
  10. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    22 Jun '10 23:39
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Is that a reference to the forthcoming Toronto G20 Protest Party?
    Finally, an exciting proposal has been taking shape over the past few years in the hands of an interdisciplinary collaboration of mathematicians, astrophysicists and biologists: this is the theory of the morphogenetic field.46 Since the mid-1980's evidence has been accumulating that this field, first conceptualized by developmental biologists47, is in fact closely linked to the quantum gravitational field48: (a) it pervades all space; (b) it interacts with all matter and energy, irrespective of whether or not that matter/energy is magnetically charged; and, most significantly, (c) it is what is known mathematically as a ``symmetric second-rank tensor''.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree