1. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    14 Jun '15 07:53
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Obviously.
    Warning! He might not have the intelligence to realize the sarcasm intended!
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    14 Jun '15 09:33
    Will this thread be a marathon too...?
  3. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    14 Jun '15 13:56
    Originally posted by humy
    Didn't "read" what wrong? It is YOU who erroneously said "When one photon goes though one slit but not the other ..." which, with the simplest version of the experiment with no photon detectors at the slits, is not only wrong but shows you don't understand the physics of that experiment at all. It might only be meaningful to say "When one photon goes though on ...[text shortened]... . Please, at the very least, LEARN the physics before trying to tell us something about physics.
    It is interesting that you are bringing up photon detection after failing to answer my question about it long ago. I'll ask it again. How is the photon being detected?

Do you remember when I said detecting photons required bombarding it with another particle? You gave me 3 methods and when I asked which one was used you didn't reply. Perhaps you will not avoid the question this time.

How was the photon detected?
  4. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    14 Jun '15 19:4816 edits
    Originally posted by Metal Brain
    It is interesting that you are bringing up photon detection after failing to answer my question about it long ago. I'll ask it again. How is the photon being detected?

Do you remember when I said detecting photons required bombarding it with another particle? You gave me 3 methods and when I asked which one was used you didn't reply. Perhaps you will not avoid the question this time.

How was the photon detected?
    What the hell are you on?

Are you now so totally out of it that you are making up a false history in your head as you go along?

I have never ever read you asking me any such question before and I never said anything at all to you or to anyone else about methods of photon detection; not in this thread nor in any other thread or forum nor to anyone at ANY time in the past whatsoever. I can be absolutely certain of this because, although I know well of the basic physics of the double slit experiment, I certainly don't know of the various methods of photon detection so I certainly wouldn't be able to list 3 such methods! At least not without looking it up and spend time researching it -but then I would have definitely remembered doing that!

Tell me exactly WHERE this conversation between us took place and exactly which 3 methods of photon detection I explained...
  5. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    15 Jun '15 06:045 edits

Are you now so totally out of it that you are making up a false history in your head as you go along?

I have never ever read you asking me any such question before and I never said anything at all to you or to anyone else about methods of photon detection; not in this thread nor in any other thread or forum nor to anyone at ANY ...[text shortened]... onversation between us took place and exactly which 3 methods of photon detection I explained...
    If metal brain is now imagining fictional whole conversations between me and him and delusionally believing them to have happened, just like he apparently is doing so here, clearly he has gone totally insane.
    I now fear for him, and I honestly mean that.
  6. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    15 Jun '15 23:20

I have never ever read you asking me any such question before and I never said anything at all to you or to anyone else about methods of photon detection; not in this thread nor in any other thread or forum nor to anyone at ANY ...[text shortened]... onversation between us took place and exactly which 3 methods of photon detection I explained...
    LIAR!
  7. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    16 Jun '15 06:081 edit
    LIAR!
    Nope; no such conversation between us ever took place.

If that is a lie, please prove to us it is a lie by telling us all exactly where this conversation between us took place and exactly which 3 methods of photon detection I explained and exactly in which page of which thread? ...
    Your inevitable refusal to answer confirms what we all already knew.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    16 Jun '15 11:191 edit
    LIAR!
    Is there a problem with YOU just googling 'photon detection methods'? I only know of two, bolometer measurement which basically is a temperature probe measuring the heat generated by a photon, and a semiconductor which converts the photon into an electron, where a photon interacts with the semiconductor material in such a way as an electron pops out which is measured by a current probe.

http://www.et-enterprises.com/photon-detection-systems

This is one such, a photomultiplier where a single photon generates a number of electrons.

But you could have just googled 'photon detection methods' and come up with the same thing.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree