1. Cape Town
    Moves
    18 Jun '15 07:38
    Originally posted by blinky100
    Because the relative humidity is so low you never appear to sweat as the sweat evaporates as quickly as it is formed and therefore you never get any cooling effect.
    I am not certain what you are saying here.
    Certainly the sweat does cool you, but I would agree that if the sweat is already evaporating fast, then air movement cannot enhance the effect.
  2. Standard memberblinky100
    blinky100
    Jefferson, Md.USA
    Moves
    18 Jun '15 08:05
    That is precisely what I was trying to say...since the moisture never materializes no cooling effect is noticed. Upon thinking a little harder on this it is almost like sublimation...dry ice for example. The frozen CO2 goes from solid to gas without ever going through the liquid
    phase.
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    18 Jun '15 08:26
    Originally posted by blinky100
    That is precisely what I was trying to say...since the moisture never materializes no cooling effect is noticed. Upon thinking a little harder on this it is almost like sublimation...dry ice for example. The frozen CO2 goes from solid to gas without ever going through the liquid
    phase.
    Sweat does not come out as a vapour - it is liquid - albeit not for long - so
    there is a coolng effect due to the latent heat of evapouration of water.

The heat needed is from your body - so in effect you are cooled.
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    18 Jun '15 08:29
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I have not seen Lord of the Rings I cannot bring myself to watch Hollywood, its insults my intelligence, I feel myself getting more dumb frame by frame. Tracker on the other hand is a UK/New Zealand collaboration, a real art film and well worth watching, just for the scenery alone. 😀

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tracker_(film)
    Not Hollywood it's Wellywood!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree