1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Aug '11 16:33
    http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg21128241.700-beyond-spacetime-welcome-to-phase-space.html?full=true

New ideas in cosmology! From Lee Smolin, the author of the book 'trouble with physics'. And his cohorts, of course.

Interesting take on space-time.
  2. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    10 Aug '11 07:02
    It is a very interesting article, but certain questions must be answered first. Here is an excerpt from the article.
    _______________________________________________________________________________
    Calculations of gamma-ray bursts idealise the explosions as instantaneous, but in reality they last for several seconds. While there is no obvious reason to think so, it is possible that the bursts occur in such a way that they emit lower-energy photons a second or two before higher-energy photons, which would account for the observed delays.
    _____________________________________________________________________________

The above possibility must be eliminated to know they are onto something.

I thought I would share something with all of you while thinking about Max Born. He is Olivia Newton John's grandfather.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Aug '11 15:33
    Originally posted by Metal Brain
    It is a very interesting article, but certain questions must be answered first. Here is an excerpt from the article.
    _______________________________________________________________________________
    Calculations of gamma-ray bursts idealise the explosions as instantaneous, but in reality they last for several seconds. While there is no obvious reason to ...[text shortened]... omething with all of you while thinking about Max Born. He is Olivia Newton John's grandfather.
    Well I better stop with the Olivia Newtons John joke then! Thanks for sharing that!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree