Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Science Forum

Science Forum

  1. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    16 Feb '14 03:46
    http://phys.org/news/2014-02-bacteria-freezer-yield-startling-results.html

    Long term study of bacteria over thousands of generations shows the development of a new species.
  2. Standard member RJHinds
    The Near Genius
    16 Feb '14 04:15
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    http://phys.org/news/2014-02-bacteria-freezer-yield-startling-results.html

    Long term study of bacteria over thousands of generations shows the development of a new species.
    It is still a bacteria.
  3. 16 Feb '14 07:46 / 3 edits
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    http://phys.org/news/2014-02-bacteria-freezer-yield-startling-results.html

    Long term study of bacteria over thousands of generations shows the development of a new species.
    The final nail in the coffin for the ignorant unintelligent claim that a new species cannot be observed to evolve was already hammered in a long time ago. This is yet another nail hammered in in that closed and buried coffin.
  4. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    16 Feb '14 15:06
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    It is still a bacteria.
    So you expected maybe an Eagle? It doesn't work like that and you know it.

    Pathetic as usual.
  5. Standard member RJHinds
    The Near Genius
    16 Feb '14 17:22
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So you expected maybe an Eagle? It doesn't work like that and you know it.

    Pathetic as usual.
    It doesn't work at all. A variation is not evilution.

    The Moron Instructor
  6. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    16 Feb '14 18:47
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    It doesn't work at all. A variation is not evilution.

    The Moron Instructor
    A separate species is not a variation you assshole.
  7. Standard member RJHinds
    The Near Genius
    16 Feb '14 19:23
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    A separate species is not a variation you assshole.
    Redefining words does not change the truth. It is not evilution.
  8. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    16 Feb '14 19:30
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Redefining words does not change the truth. It is not evilution.
    In your delusional world it certainly isn't but in the real world where actual thinkers work, that's another story. You don't think. You can ONLY react. You can ONLY spout the one thing you THINK you know. GODDIDIT.

    You always have been and always will remain an anachronism, a man out of time, thrust from the 15th century into the 21st and you don't like what you see, where people go beyond the taboo's of the church and actually think for themselves. This you cannot abide.
  9. Standard member RJHinds
    The Near Genius
    16 Feb '14 19:42
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    In your delusional world it certainly isn't but in the real world where actual thinkers work, that's another story. You don't think. You can ONLY react. You can ONLY spout the one thing you THINK you know. GODDIDIT.

    You always have been and always will remain an anachronism, a man out of time, thrust from the 15th century into the 21st and you don't lik ...[text shortened]... le go beyond the taboo's of the church and actually think for themselves. This you cannot abide.
    A different species of bacteria is still a bacteria just like a different species of dog is still a dog. No evilution there.
  10. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    16 Feb '14 21:12
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    A different species of bacteria is still a bacteria just like a different species of dog is still a dog. No evilution there.
    Only in your delusional so-called mind does making a new species is not evolution in action. You are just too brainwashed to see anything else.