1. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    29 May '23 11:32
    France bans short haul flights where trains are available. !!!!!!!!
    And Shav at Al, are all upset about bans that they claim we are doing in this country. The liberal certainly are, but not republicans.
    Shav another one of your other countries is banning things. Why don’t you write about that. Hagahaha
  2. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    29 May '23 12:13
    @averagejoe1 said
    And Shav at Al, are all upset about bans that they claim we are doing in this country. The liberal certainly are, but not republicans.
    Shav another one of your other countries is banning things. Why don’t you write about that. Hagahaha
    Even stupider, the EU set conditions on the French law. The journey by train requires people to stay at their destination minimum 8 hours, for example. No such restriction applies to flying the same route though. Inane over-regulation by both France and the EU.
  3. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    29 May '23 12:23
    @averagejoe1 said
    This should probably be in "Debates".

I can't se anything which relates to "science"
  4. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    29 May '23 12:381 edit
    @ponderable said

Oops sorry I was jumping on a plane myself, and had fat fingers and got in the wrong forum. I guess it is worth riding again over in the debates . My apologies y’all carry on about the flat earth with highlights about how fast the universe is speeding I think it is 400,000,000 miles an hour! Important stuff to know.
  5. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    29 May '23 13:231 edit
    @ponderable said

The French govt passed a law to try to encourage people to take trains instead of planes, in order to reduce the carbon footprint of short-haul travel, so there is a tenuous link to science. The actual difference it would make to France's total CO2 output has been reckoned to be about 0.5%, so the new law is more symbolic than effective.

In any case, whether Debates or Science, the law is stupid, and the EU's additional conditions are even stupider. This should be market-driven: France has excellent high-speed trains. Just make train tickets cheaper than plane tickets. Fixed.
  6. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    01 Jun '23 09:36
    @averagejoe1 said
    Oops sorry I was jumping on a plane myself, and had fat fingers and got in the wrong forum. I guess it is worth riding again over in the debates . My apologies y’all carry on about the flat earth with highlights about how fast the universe is speeding I think it is 400,000,000 miles an hour! Important stuff to know.
    The same thing happened to me once and I posted how it was an oops moment. The RHP moderators must have noticed and moved it to the debates forum.
  7. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    25 Jul '23 12:49
    @moonbus said
    .This should be market-driven: France has excellent high-speed trains. Just make train tickets cheaper than plane tickets. Fixed.
    And you can do that by taxing fule for airplanes the same tha the fuel for cars.
  8. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    26 Jul '23 17:19
    @averagejoe1 said
    Illiteracy is a sad thing.
  9. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    26 Jul '23 17:24
    @ponderable said
    And you can do that by taxing fule for airplanes the same tha the fuel for cars.
    And by banning subsidies on airlines. And by mass-executing all industry lobbyists. Not just for the airline industry, for all industries. Burn them all alive.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree