1. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    31 Dec '13 03:20
    Would any of you want to sign up for the one way trip to Mars and start a new career?
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    31 Dec '13 10:42
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Would any of you want to sign up for the one way trip to Mars and start a new career?
    Sure, but I doubt they would take 70 year olds. Personally I would love to escape the constant religious and sectarian warfare and thuggery going on in the world, would like to see a new world started where all that is behind us and we can live without having to have a constant reference to some god or other. That would be MY dream. A place where humanity can grow up finally.
  3. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    31 Dec '13 12:383 edits
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Sure, but I doubt they would take 70 year olds. Personally I would love to escape the constant religious and sectarian warfare and thuggery going on in the world, would like to see a new world started where all that is behind us and we can live without having to have a constant reference to some god or other. That would be MY dream. A place where humanity can grow up finally.
    That would be one of my dreams to; not going to Mars but rather humanity finally grow up and abandon all superstition, religion, religious wars and all other stupidity but, instead, embrace logic, critical independent thinking, science, humility (so no extreme arrogance of thinking oneself so significant as to attract the interest of a god! ) and, above all, compassion.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    31 Dec '13 13:57
    Originally posted by humy
    That would be one of my dreams to; not going to Mars but rather humanity finally grow up and abandon all superstition, religion, religious wars and all other stupidity but, instead, embrace logic, critical independent thinking, science, humility (so no extreme arrogance of thinking oneself so significant as to attract the interest of a god! ) and, above all, compassion.
    Amen and Awoman to that!
  5. Joined
    14 Dec '07
    Moves
    31 Dec '13 14:07
    Amen and Awoman to that!
    Take it to the spirituality forum, spanky.
  6. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    31 Dec '13 18:08
    It shows all the qualifications on the application. Over 200,000 people have already applied. I could care less what people believe I would go even if there were 500,000 Muslims and I was the only Christian. You would be guaranteed a job if you were going, that's why I would go. And maybe money wasn't needed they would bring a cooks for food.
  7. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    31 Dec '13 20:011 edit
    Amen and Awoman to that!
    I get that joke ( Awo = "Air Warfare Officer" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AWO%28C3%29 )
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    01 Jan '14 03:42
    Originally posted by humy
    I get that joke ( Awo = "Air Warfare Officer" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AWO%28C3%29 )
    Wow, SOMEONE saw it๐Ÿ™‚
  9. Joined
    28 Dec '11
    Moves
    07 Feb '14 13:22
    You would be guaranteed a job if you were going, that's why I would go. And maybe money wasn't needed they would bring a cooks for food.
    Maybe you should consider moving to another country instead.
  10. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    07 Feb '14 13:331 edit
    Originally posted by tim88
    Maybe you should consider moving to another country instead.
    maybe he should consider go to another planet -to make us happy.
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    07 Feb '14 14:00
    Personally I would love to escape the constant religious and sectarian warfare and thuggery going on in the world, would like to see a new world started where all that is behind us and we can live without having to have a constant reference to some god or other. That would be MY dream. A place where humanity can grow up finally.
    What makes you think that religious people will be banned from going to Mars?
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    07 Feb '14 14:05
    You would be guaranteed a job if you were going, that's why I would go.
    That depends on how you define 'job'.
    I would expect that initially it would be a communist system with no money involved. I guess you would be expected to work, and would have to work just to survive.
    There are always jobs available on earth for just about anyone that wants one. The usual problem is that people want specific jobs or above a particular salary. Of course there are also people who are totally lacking in skills - but I don't think they would be suitable material for Mars either.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Feb '14 14:18
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    What makes you think that religious people will be banned from going to Mars?
    I didn't say they would be banned. I said I HOPED they would be banned. Fat chance.
  14. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    07 Feb '14 16:59
    I believe that orbiting a planet is a kind of continuous falling wherein your orbital speed is such you are continuously falling and missing the planet. My acrophobia and that belief will disqualify me due to worrying about maintaining that speed.
  15. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    07 Feb '14 17:523 edits
    I didn't say they would be banned. I said I HOPED they would be banned. Fat chance.
    since I strongly suspect that going to Mars any time soon would be an idiotic one way virtually suicidal trip, for now, I would prefer religious nuts being sent there to any rational people. Fortunately, truly rational people will not want to go there until technology greatly improves to make it safe and reasonable to go there in perhaps ~100 years time. In the mean time, I would view anyone sent there as someone that needs rescuing thus making sending people there idiotic indeed.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree