1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    30 Jul '11 04:05
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    M4/M16s don't leave exit wounds. Exit wounds are a sign of an inefficient overpowered round.

The difference between the M4 wound and the M16 wound is how much your insides have been shredded by bits and pieces of the bullet.
    I'll remember that next time I need a war.....
  2. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    31 Jul '11 19:10
    M4/M16s don't leave exit wounds. Exit wounds are a sign of an inefficient overpowered round.

The difference between the M4 wound and the M16 wound is how much your insides have been shredded by bits and pieces of the bullet.
    You must be comparing a bullet of a military round as opposed that of a sporting round. A bullet designed for sporting use is supposed to expand and release energy. The sporting round is designed to kill. A exit wound is not a indication of an inefficient or overpowered bullet. The cartridge and bullet used is more an indication of too much or too little power.
  3. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    01 Aug '11 17:002 edits
    Originally posted by gambit3
    You must be comparing a bullet of a military round as opposed that of a sporting round. A bullet designed for sporting use is supposed to expand and release energy. The sporting round is designed to kill. A exit wound is not a indication of an inefficient or overpowered bullet. The cartridge and bullet used is more an indication of too much or too little power.
    Well, yes, I was talking about assault rifles (or combat handguns), not sniper or hunting rifles.

You don't think military bullets are designed to kill?
  4. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    01 Aug '11 21:09
    Well, yes, I was talking about assault rifles (or combat handguns), not sniper or hunting rifles.

Bullets for military use are not designed to kill as bullets designed for sporting use are.
  5. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    01 Aug '11 22:44
    Sporting bullets are not intended to encounter body armour.

And there is also a general desire for them to hit their intended target and stop, carrying on through the target, through several trees, and straight on through someone's hunting lodge is frowned upon.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    02 Aug '11 15:13

Think about it. If you are in a war zone and bullets are flying, if the enemy gets hit and dies, that's it for him. But if he is hit and just wounded, it puts several of his comrades in harms way to rescue him, plus taking up resources in the field hospital so he is more use wounded than killed.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree