1. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    28 Feb '13 20:17
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    ... burial cloths used at his gravesite with a supernatural image on one of them that scientists are unable to explain.
    No scientist in the world can explain what happened to my son's $5 bus-fare
    yesterday.

I therefore deduce it was supernatural forces at work!

(He will be relieved because he thought he had lost it)
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Feb '13 21:44
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    No scientist in the world can explain what happened to my son's $5 bus-fare
    yesterday.

I therefore deduce it was supernatural forces at work!

(He will be relieved because he thought he had lost it)
    That is right. You can not rely on scientist to explain everything in the world because they are not all-knowing. 😏
  3. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    28 Feb '13 21:48
    Has science explained life after death? I say no.

http://science.howstuffworks.com/science-vs-myth/afterlife/science-life-after-death.htm
    Ya see science can not handle questions like that as it deals with provable facts. Any scientific hoaxes is not in the realm of science any more than fairy tales. How can science prove something one way or another without evidence. Historical evidence is still here say and nothing more. Science is probably not where you want to go for answers like that. I would suggest perhaps a church that believes so much in their teachings that they are sure they will be forgiven for molesting alter boys. The truth can be anything they wish it to be.
  4. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    28 Feb '13 23:30
    Well, that still leaves Jesus of whom we have the empty tomb, as well as the burial cloths used at his gravesite with a supernatural image on one of them that scientists are unable to explain.
    Actually the image has been explained. It's a result of being in contact with a rotting corpse. Is there a label on this corpse cover that says it belongs to a particular corpse or are we just guessing who's body was rotting inside?

The empty tomb is also dubious. How do we know it ever had a body in it let alone that of a relative of god?

Evidence, if you want to play with scientists you have to produce some evidence. A face cloth, provenance unknown, a bit of cloth once in contact with an unknown dead body and a hole in a rock don't seem like very good evidence of the existence of any particular person.
  5. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    28 Feb '13 23:33
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    The historical evidence for a single man called Jesus is very flimsy.

And you reckon there is historical evidence for Lazarus?
    Give us a break.
    Jesus definitely existed. In fact he still does. I work with him. Nice chap, from Barcelona originally.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Mar '13 07:091 edit
    Originally posted by joe beyser
    Ya see science can not handle questions like that as it deals with provable facts. Any scientific hoaxes is not in the realm of science any more than fairy tales. How can science prove something one way or another without evidence. Historical evidence is still here say and nothing more. Science is probably not where you want to go for answers like that. I ...[text shortened]... re they will be forgiven for molesting alter boys. The truth can be anything they wish it to be.
    Well, science did prove many evil-lution hoaxes. 😏

P.S. I believe sunhouse objects to speacking of religious matters on the SCIENCE FORUM. He wants that kept to the Spirituality Form.
  7. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    01 Mar '13 07:391 edit
    Well, science did prove many evil-lution hoaxes. 😏

P.S. I believe sunhouse objects to speacking of religious matters on the SCIENCE FORUM. He wants that kept to the Spirituality Form.
    It's not just sonhouse, very few people who are interested in scientific matters want to listen to creationist stupidities, for example. If we want to see tigers we go to the zoo. Everything has its place.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree