1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    08 Apr '13 15:421 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So tell us how long you think it would take for the core to freeze.
    I don't have any real data and I don't just throw out numbers like 8.63 million years in my speculations like the evolution scientist do. 😏
  2. Standard memberwoodypusher
    misanthrope
    seclusion
    Moves
    08 Apr '13 17:27
    I don't know how cold it would be but there would still be light because god made the light on the first day and then the source of the daylight (our sun) and the source of the light at night (our moon) on the fourth day.

It says so in the bible.
  3. Standard memberforkedknight
    Defend the Universe
    Moves
    08 Apr '13 19:00
    So tell us how long you think it would take for the core to freeze.
    I would say about 1 year per page of this great book I'm reading, so ~ 6000 years.
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    08 Apr '13 23:25
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I did not say the rays of the Sun keeps the core of the earth molten. There is only a certain portion of the earth's core that is molten anyway. But if there was no Sun to heat the outside of the earth then it would freeze everything on the outside and eventually there would be no molten core on the insiide. That is my speculation on the matter.
    We know its your speculation (cannot think of anyone else that stupid).
    And an you tell us how the core miraculously turns to ice when its cold enough?
  5. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    09 Apr '13 02:30
    I don't have any real data...
    Stop right there. I think we have isolated your problem.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 Apr '13 10:51
    Originally posted by Soothfast
    What about the Prince of Darkness and his demon hordes? Aren't they supposed to keep the home fires burning for all eternity in your cosmology?
    Another oxymoron: RJHinds Cosmology.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Apr '13 16:47
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    We know its your speculation (cannot think of anyone else that stupid).
    And an you tell us how the core miraculously turns to ice when its cold enough?
    Well, see the water or snow on the outside of the earth would freeze and get so cold that anything that is hot in the core would cool and then freeze too. The outside is ice so it would appear as a big ball of ice like a snowball. 😏

Now how smart is that? Genius? Maybe not quite, but pretty intelligent, right? 😏
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 Apr '13 19:08
    Well, see the water or snow on the outside of the earth would freeze and get so cold that anything that is hot in the core would cool and then freeze too. The outside is ice so it would appear as a big ball of ice like a snowball. 😏

Now how smart is that? Genius? Maybe not quite, but pretty intelligent, right? 😏
    Well, I'm glad YOU think so. You seem to be forgetting about that minor 4000 miles of solid and liquid rock below all that ice. How come the core underneath the Antarctic has not started freezing? According to your theory, ice on top, freezing below. The truth is, under all that ice, 2 miles deep, there is no sunlight anyway but ten feet below that rock it starts heating up from whatever the freezing point of water is under that much pressure of 2 miles of solid ice but below that you get 50 degree F rock, right underneath that ice. In fact, homes use that effect to get close to free heating, turning 50 or 60 degree or the hotter the better, 1 mile down it is close to 180 degrees F, stick pipes in the ground and pump some heat bearing fluid, like water or oil, and it gets warm and you can use that to energize a heat pump, get something like 3 to 1 heat, say 5000 watts of energy use gives you 15,000 watts of heat.

If you were just using an electrical heater, 5000 watts of energy gets you 5000 watts of heat, not a btu more.

So that fact is pretty useful and it has NOTHING to do with the sun heating the surface. Eventually it would get cold but that eventually runs into MANY millions of years, close enough to infinity for humans.
  9. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    10 Apr '13 20:59
    Originally posted by tim88
    just if there was no sun. do we know?
    I think if Earth suddenly became a wandering object not near enough to any sources of heat (stars) to be in orbit, and not bombarded by objects, its temperature would begin to drop to the background radiation, about 3 degrees kelvin. But reportedly there are nuclear events occurring in the core, which would affect the time it took.
  10. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    10 Apr '13 23:12
    We don't know, but I suspect it would get cold enough to freeze the inside of the earth so that it is a ball of ice.
    so that the inside of the Earth is a ball of ice! 🙄
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Apr '13 02:36
    Well, I'm glad YOU think so. You seem to be forgetting about that minor 4000 miles of solid and liquid rock below all that ice. How come the core underneath the Antarctic has not started freezing? According to your theory, ice on top, freezing below. The truth is, under all that ice, 2 miles deep, there is no sunlight anyway but ten feet below that rock it ...[text shortened]... cold but that eventually runs into MANY millions of years, close enough to infinity for humans.
    Didn't you read my earlier post where I mentioned 8.63 million years?
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Apr '13 13:46
    Didn't you read my earlier post where I mentioned 8.63 million years?
    I thought the Earth was only 6000 years old? If that were the case would your god LET the earth get to be 6 million years old? Wouldn't it have burned it up way before that?
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Apr '13 02:16
    I thought the Earth was only 6000 years old? If that were the case would your god LET the earth get to be 6 million years old? Wouldn't it have burned it up way before that?
    You are making no sense again. That is probably due to your ignorance.
  14. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    12 Apr '13 16:52
    Earth.
  15. Wat?
    Moves
    13 Apr '13 02:52
    If there were no sun we wouldn't know how cold it would be, 'cos we'd all be dead!

-m. 😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree