Science Forum

Science Forum

  1. Standard membersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52874
    18 Sep '13 12:43
    http://phys.org/news/2013-09-birds-wings-fossil-scaling-limbs.html
    The evidence is right there in the fossils.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    13128
    18 Sep '13 15:50
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    http://phys.org/news/2013-09-birds-wings-fossil-scaling-limbs.html
    The evidence is right there in the fossils.
    Could this "abrupt change" be a purposeful change in design by the designer?

    The Instructor
  3. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    625
    18 Sep '13 17:26
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Could this "abrupt change" be a purposeful change in design by the designer?

    The Instructor
    No. Next question.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    13128
    18 Sep '13 17:39
    Originally posted by humy
    No. Next question.
    Why not?

    The Instructor
  5. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    625
    18 Sep '13 17:444 edits
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Why not?

    The Instructor
    there was no intelligent designer millions of years ago as indicated by the total absence of evidence that there was an intelligent designer millions of years ago and the fact that the "abrupt change" is explained by evolution. Now there is an intelligent designer; us.

    Obviously, you are talking about a god. Why would a god make that particular "abrupt change" happen millions of years ago? for what purpose? and, given that evolution explains it just fine, why should we believe it was a god and not evolution?
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    13128
    18 Sep '13 18:06
    Originally posted by humy
    there was no intelligent designer millions of years ago as indicated by the total absence of evidence that there was an intelligent designer millions of years ago and the fact that the "abrupt change" is explained by evolution. Now there is an intelligent designer; us.

    Obviously, you are talking about a god. Why would a god make that particular "abrupt cha ...[text shortened]... that evolution explains it just fine, why should we believe it was a god and not evolution?
    Maybe it was not milions of years ago and there was no evilution. Did you ever think of that?

    The Instructor
  7. Standard membersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52874
    18 Sep '13 18:35
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Maybe it was not milions of years ago and there was no evilution. Did you ever think of that?

    The Instructor
    No but you keep puking it up.
  8. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    625
    18 Sep '13 19:55
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Maybe it was not milions of years ago and there was no evilution. Did you ever think of that?

    The Instructor
    No because that would be a stupid thought.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    13128
    19 Sep '13 03:32
    Now we have uncovered one of the problems with you two. A lack of thinking.

    The Instructor
  10. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    625
    19 Sep '13 08:06
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Now we have uncovered one of the problems with you two. A lack of thinking.

    The Instructor
    Yes, a lack of STUPID thinking.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    13128
    19 Sep '13 09:33
    Originally posted by humy
    Yes, a lack of STUPID thinking.
    hee, hee, hee

    The Instructor
  12. Joined
    23 Nov '11
    Moves
    23471
    19 Sep '13 12:42
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Could this "abrupt change" be a purposeful change in design by the designer?

    The Instructor
    For all of you creationists, how about if your god actually created evolution? There are many men and women of science who also believe in a religion organized around dogma and a belief in a god. They simply decide that whatever processes they discover where created by God. They are able to believe in evolution and the scientific method without any religious conflict. Teaching religion, including intelligent design, should be left to parents and churches and kept out of schools.
Back to Top