Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Science Forum

Science Forum

  1. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    29 Jan '15 19:00
    http://phys.org/news/2015-01-iceland-glaciers-climate.html
  2. 01 Feb '15 15:50
    Hopefully this wont result in increased volcanism during my visit in march.
  3. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    01 Feb '15 17:00
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Hopefully this wont result in increased volcanism during my visit in march.
    Going to see Bobby's grave?
  4. 01 Feb '15 19:40
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Going to see Bobby's grave?
    No, gaming conference, scheduled to coincide with the solar eclipse, and hopefully awesome auroras.
  5. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    01 Feb '15 22:38
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    No, gaming conference, scheduled to coincide with the solar eclipse, and hopefully awesome auroras.
    Solar eclipse? I envy you. Total? I saw a partial about 20 years ago here in Pennsylvania. The shadows cast by the leaves in the trees made weird shadows, like crescent moon shape and the light was a weird reddish hue also.
  6. 02 Feb '15 00:52
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Solar eclipse? I envy you. Total? I saw a partial about 20 years ago here in Pennsylvania. The shadows cast by the leaves in the trees made weird shadows, like crescent moon shape and the light was a weird reddish hue also.
    No... We miss totality by about 50 miles.

    However unless you want to stand on a rock in the middle of the north Atlantic in March
    however it's the best place in the world to see the eclipse.

    It's entirely possible that it will be dumping 6 inches of snow on us at the time... but as
    I'm going their anyway, it's an opportunity not to be missed.
  7. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    04 Feb '15 12:12
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    No... We miss totality by about 50 miles.

    However unless you want to stand on a rock in the middle of the north Atlantic in March
    however it's the best place in the world to see the eclipse.

    It's entirely possible that it will be dumping 6 inches of snow on us at the time... but as
    I'm going their anyway, it's an opportunity not to be missed.
    To make absolutely sure you see the eclipse, just rent a hot air balloon, get above the clouds....
  8. 04 Feb '15 12:17
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    To make absolutely sure you see the eclipse, just rent a hot air balloon, get above the clouds....
    In Iceland... in March....

    I'd land 500 miles away in the middle of the Atlantic.
  9. 05 Feb '15 14:39
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    No, gaming conference, scheduled to coincide with the solar eclipse, and hopefully awesome auroras.
    Gaming conference?
  10. 05 Feb '15 15:14
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    Gaming conference?
    http://fanfest.eveonline.com/en/default