1. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    29 Aug '09 19:15
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Well, you're making the claim, why don't you provide some statistic concerning the ideas of leading biologists? How many leading biologists reject the core ideas of evolution theory: natural selection, DNA, mutations?
    I've made the claim in this forum more than once that all creationists and IDers in more than forty years of alleged research have published exactly one article in a refereed scientific journal on the subject of their claims. That article perverted the process to find its way into print. Two days ago, I found that there are two other articles, also compromised in various ways.

Now, I'm seeking to tap the wisdom and experience of RHP posters, if there is any wisdom to be found here, to ascertain new sources of refutation about specious claims in fora that are new to me.
  2. Germany
    Moves
    29 Aug '09 19:18
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    I've made the claim in this forum more than once that all creationists and IDers in more than forty years of alleged research have published exactly one article in a refereed scientific journal on the subject of their claims. That article perverted the process to find its way into print. Two days ago, I found that there are two other articles, also co ...[text shortened]... [/i], to ascertain new sources of refutation about specious claims in fora that are new to me.
    I don't see what you mean, there is no reason to assume biologists' confidence in the core ideas of evolution theory is waning, so why waste any time trying to confirm the obvious?
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Aug '09 21:47
    I don't see what you mean, there is no reason to assume biologists' confidence in the core ideas of evolution theory is waning, so why waste any time trying to confirm the obvious?
    What he said.
  4. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    30 Aug '09 01:40
    For the simple reason that not all enemies are dead. They are infiltrating our schools. They must be met at the door and defeated over and over again.

Knowing the truth is insufficient. War is imminent and the truth must be defended. I'm looking for sharper steel. Evidently you wish only to offer the same tired refrain. It no longer cuts as well as it once did.

Nothing is more vital than error. Controversies rarely if
    ever die. They merely sink beneath the surface of literate attention
    and continue a submerged existence in the dark, unfathomed caves
    of the popular mind.

Bergan Evans, The Natural History of Nonsense
  5. Germany
    Moves
    30 Aug '09 08:28
    For the simple reason that not all enemies are dead. They are infiltrating our schools. They must be met at the door and defeated over and over again.

Knowing the truth is insufficient. War is imminent and the truth must be defended. I'm looking for sharper steel. Evidently you wish only to offer the same tired refrain. It no longer cuts as well as it onc ...[text shortened]... nfathomed caves
    of the popular mind.[/i]
    Bergan Evans, The Natural History of Nonsense
    Creationists are not deterred by facts, if they were, they wouldn't be creationists in the first place. Although arguing with creationists can be a mildly amusing practise at times, it's also probably one of the least constructive things you can do.
  6. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    30 Aug '09 12:54
    Creationists are not deterred by facts, if they were, they wouldn't be creationists in the first place. Although arguing with creationists can be a mildly amusing practise at times, it's also probably one of the least constructive things you can do.
    The people to argue with are school board members that are listening to creationists, and the editors of law journals publishing their claims
  7. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    30 Aug '09 18:48
    Prove it.
    Project Steve.
  8. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    31 Aug '09 00:09
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Project Steve.
    Thanks. That's helpful, as is their link to the Clergy Letter Project.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree