Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Science Forum

Science Forum

1. Subscriber FreakyKBH
    Acquired Taste...
    17 Aug '17 17:44
    YouTube

I had no idea so much went into building the ISS, maintaining the incredible feat.
  2. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    17 Aug '17 22:29
    Originally posted by @freakykbh
    [youtube]BXrOZA1tzKE[/youtube]

I had no idea so much went into building the ISS, maintaining the incredible feat.
    This is great, I can make comments that the freak cannot even see. What I see is a guy obsessively jealous he can't go since he is so stupid he has to live in a fantasy world just like the traitor freak. Good for a laugh though. It's too bad ESA and Roscosmos and NASA and such can't make room for these idiots and see what it is really like to stay on ISS for a few weeks, see how they can fake THAT when they get up there and notice, OMG, there are no wires holding them up and I am in space for weeks on end and what would they say after a couple of weeks like that?

The freak goes further though. He thinks satellites don't exist at ALL, that for instance, GPS comes ONLY from ground stations even though we know good and well GPS works really well in the middle of the Pacific and Atlantic ocean a thousand miles from land with no land sites anywhere around. Don't confuse me with facts my mind *so called mind in his case and the dude narrating this fantasy tale*

So the freak thinks Earth is flat but will not commit to a depth will not respond to questions about Earth's magnetic field how it can converge on the north pole and especially bad for flaters, converge at the south pole.

So his answer: How can magnetic compasses work? If you get to the north pole, the fields are all underground according to him and so the compass will try to fly out the window or some such.

Oh yeah, he also brought up images that seemed to show the sun UNDER the clouds in a vain attempt to prove the sun is only a few thousand miles up and is something like 50 miles across and such and the moon even smaller and does not reflect light from the sun since it is self illuminating.

I could go on and on and have had long so-called conversations that were just him moving goalposts and only pointing out :I can see the other side of the sea where I live in Wisconson or Michigan, any argument against flat Earth, Why can I see across that water? You want to point out the equator on a flat Earth would never allow you to fly in a straight line you would always be slightly headed east or west continuously around Earth but you can fly in a perfect straight line on the REAL planet equator.
    Well why can I see across the water the BOTTOMS of those buildings.

The map of flat Earth would cause flight paths to be totally different from flight paths we really see and would require many more miles of travel to get from one place to the other and would pass over ground that would never be seen from flights on the real Earth.

Yeah but why can I see those buildings across the water, and then he reiterates it is NOT atmospheric refraction OBVIOUSLY, and so it goes, not matter what argument you can put forth, it always comes back to :I can see across the water therefore Earth is NOT a globe.

Isn't it grand to be a flat Earther?
  3. 17 Aug '17 23:13

Posting a 40 minute video? I couldn't get through it. What are the salient points?
  4. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    17 Aug '17 23:57
    Originally posted by @wildgrass
    Posting a 40 minute video? I couldn't get through it. What are the salient points?
    There ARE no salient points, just a dude talking out his ass, usual kind of post from the Freak.
  5. Subscriber FreakyKBH
    Acquired Taste...
    18 Aug '17 02:11
    Originally posted by @wildgrass
    Have you ever sat through ANYTHING nearing or greater than 40 minutes in length?
    Is such a thing even humanly possible?
  6. 18 Aug '17 05:42
    Have you ever sat through ANYTHING nearing or greater than 40 minutes in length?
    Is such a thing even humanly possible?
    If you took 40 minutes to think about this question
    "Why is GPS working so nicely, despite the fact that the Earth is Flat?",
    then you would learn much.

Hint: It wouldn't. GPS works because Earth is round.
  7. Subscriber FreakyKBH
    Acquired Taste...
    18 Aug '17 09:29
    Originally posted by @fabianfnas
    If you took 40 minutes to think about this question
    "Why is GPS working so nicely, despite the fact that the Earth is Flat?",
    then you would learn much.

Hint: It wouldn't. GPS works because Earth is round.
    Hinging the totality of your conviction on a single point is hazardous, dangerous and foolish.

Hitler's dog loved Adolf.
  8. 18 Aug '17 10:08 / 1 edit
    Hinging the totality of your conviction on a single point is hazardous, dangerous and foolish.
    So you avoid the question. Why am I not surprised? (*sigh*)
  9. Subscriber FreakyKBH
    Acquired Taste...
    18 Aug '17 13:48
    So you avoid the question. Why am I not surprised? (*sigh*)
    Your question is small potatoes.
    Dig deeper on your own; you'll see the answer clearly with a wider view.
  10. Subscriber Suzianne
    Misfit Queen
    18 Aug '17 13:53

You could've stopped after the first four words.
  11. 18 Aug '17 14:10
    Your question is small potatoes.
    Dig deeper on your own; you'll see the answer clearly with a wider view.
    Okay, done.

My conclusion is that the Earth is round as known since the old Greeks.
    Anyone thinking otherwise is ignorant and stupid.

Easy peasy!
  12. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    18 Aug '17 14:41
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    THAT got a giggle You have no idea, great!
  13. 18 Aug '17 15:11 / 3 edits
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    just change "had" to "still have" and then make that 5 words.
    You see, he is a flat-earther. So how little he knew about the building of ISS isn't the half of it; he STILL doesn't even know ISS orbits entirely around the round Earth (and that views from it looking at the Earth as it does so confirms the Earth is round, not flat! ). So he doesn't even know what, exactly, the ISS is for!
    I have no idea what a flat-earther would think what exactly the ISS is all about.
    It is like confessing you didn't know how much work goes into building an airplane when you STILL don't know what an airplane is for.
  14. Subscriber FreakyKBH
    Acquired Taste...
    18 Aug '17 17:04
    Originally posted by @humy
    just change "had" to "still have" and then make that 5 words.
    You see, he is a flat-earther. So how little he knew about the building of ISS isn't the half of it; he STILL doesn't even know ISS orbits entirely around the round Earth (and that views from it looking at the Earth as it does so confirms the Earth is round, not flat! ) ...[text shortened]... ch work goes into building an airplane when you STILL don't know what an airplane is for.
    So, in conclusion, you didn't watch the video.
    Check.
  15. Subscriber FreakyKBH
    Acquired Taste...
    18 Aug '17 17:06
    Okay, done.

My conclusion is that the Earth is round as known since the old Greeks.
    Anyone thinking otherwise is ignorant and stupid.

Easy peasy!
    Let's not talk about something as unscientific as the shape of the earth.
    Instead, let's talk about what can be verified, as it relates to the topics covered in the OP.