1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    17 Jan '18 17:18
    http://www.bbc.com/news/av/science-environment-42724709/meteor-triggers-magnitude-20-earthquake-in-michigan

Mag 2, maybe not even felt by people but I wonder if they can use those figures to calculate the mass and kinetic energy of the meteor? Obviously it was the shock wave caused by the meteor exploding that registered on the ground so maybe they could use that to calc the kinetic energy of the meteor.
  2. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    20 Jan '18 17:10
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    http://www.bbc.com/news/av/science-environment-42724709/meteor-triggers-magnitude-20-earthquake-in-michigan

Mag 2, maybe not even felt by people but I wonder if they can use those figures to calculate the mass and kinetic energy of the meteor? Obviously it was the shock wave caused by the meteor exploding that registered on the ground so maybe they could use that to calc the kinetic energy of the meteor.
    I live in Michigan and I didn't notice anything.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    20 Jan '18 17:52
    Originally posted by @metal-brain
    I live in Michigan and I didn't notice anything.
    I could probably stomp on my basement floor and generate a 2 level quake so it's no surprise you wouldn't feel it. You were not up at the hour it flew by, it was seen in 4 states.
  4. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    25 Jan '18 18:08
    I could probably stomp on my basement floor and generate a 2 level quake so it's no surprise you wouldn't feel it. You were not up at the hour it flew by, it was seen in 4 states.
    Don't tell me my sleeping hours. You have no idea.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 Jan '18 18:421 edit
    Don't tell me my sleeping hours. You have no idea.
    Ah, a methead. that explains a lot🙂
  6. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    25 Jan '18 22:00

Surely they knew this thing was coming in hot right? What if it landed in a populated area?
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 Jan '18 22:53
    Originally posted by @wildgrass
    Surely they knew this thing was coming in hot right? What if it landed in a populated area?
    There was this thing 65 million years ago and it definitely landed in a populated area so do the math🙂
  8. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    25 Jan '18 22:55
    There was this thing 65 million years ago and it definitely landed in a populated area so do the math🙂
    I heard that one was a little bigger.
  9. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    27 Jan '18 17:16
    Ah, a methead. that explains a lot🙂
    What is a methead? Is that a typo? Get more sleep and that won't happen as much.
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Jan '18 20:40
    What is a methead? Is that a typo? Get more sleep and that won't happen as much.
    Meth head. Just a dumb joke.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree