Missing mass/energy.

Missing mass/energy.

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

m

Moves
23 Dec 09

Originally posted by sonhouse
Actually, there are theories about other universes outside ours maybe impinging on our universe, like a bunch of ping pong balls in a box. My own half baked theory is those universes would be causing the expansion of our own universe due to gravity attracting the other universes and ours. There is a theory that if that is actually happening, when the 'skin' ...[text shortened]... r whole universe. Hasn't happened yet so I am not going to lose much sleep over that idea😉
That sounds like Brane theory or am i wrong?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
29 Dec 09

Originally posted by murphius
That sounds like Brane theory or am i wrong?
It's like brane theory but with multiple universes impinging on ours from whatever it is we would call the 'outside' of our universe. I imagine a box or 'sphere' made of higher dimensional attributes where many universes can exist side by side but of course we would not see one because they would be like on alternate tracks of a hard drive, we live in one track and can't get out and the other ones are nested around us unseen but with effects on ours anyway, like the way magnetic fields in separate tracks can interact with each other and self erase or other artifacts if the design is not done correctly.

m

Moves
30 Dec 09

Originally posted by sonhouse
It's like brane theory but with multiple universes impinging on ours from whatever it is we would call the 'outside' of our universe. I imagine a box or 'sphere' made of higher dimensional attributes where many universes can exist side by side but of course we would not see one because they would be like on alternate tracks of a hard drive, we live in one t ...[text shortened]... act with each other and self erase or other artifacts if the design is not done correctly.
Could these universes be linked by black holes?
A constant inflow and outflow of energy from universe to universe.... keeping a multi universal balance.

F

Moves
30 Dec 09

Originally posted by murphius
Could these universes be linked by black holes?
A constant inflow and outflow of energy from universe to universe.... keeping a multi universal balance.
It's easy to accept a black hole as an outflow of matter and energy from our universe.
But where are the inflows? In what shape?

m

Moves
30 Dec 09

Originally posted by FabianFnas
It's easy to accept a black hole as an outflow of matter and energy from our universe.
But where are the inflows? In what shape?
I think there has to be an inflow. Energy flowing in= expansion. Zero point energy?
The Cosmological constant? Reverse black holes?
There must be a mechanism that allows this.
If not, my earlier point about most matter in our universe gone or slowly disappearing into black holes would apply........ wouldn't it?
Thinking about this stuff will eventually drive me crazy. 🙂

m

Moves
30 Dec 09

Reverse Black holes........ White holes?