1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Apr '12 00:45
    Ok, which one of you wise guys put the monolith on Mars?

Fess up, I don't want to have to ask again!!

I'm thinking Sonhouse. After all, with all his posts he must have had a great deal of down time traveling to and from Mars.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Apr '12 01:382 edits
    Originally posted by whodey

I'm thinking Sonhouse. After all, with all his posts he must have had a great deal of down time traveling to and from Mars.
    Yeah, I made a secret invention, the field accelerator, no rockets needed, I get about 200 G out of it, it works so well I don't feel any acceleration except what I let bleed out, with my other secret invention, the matter-antimatter flipper and recombiner, I get so much energy I can't use it all, I get to mars and back in about 12 hours. Of course it didn't hurt that I also invented the hyperconductor, it is superconducting up to about 3000 degrees C.

Makes a great shield for re-entering the atmosphere. Trundling the dam monolith on to the surface was a bit tricky however, three of my support ropes broke on the way down and I had to land with just two ropes holding the thing together. What a pain in the butt that was.
  3. Wat?
    Moves
    13 Apr '12 03:42
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Yeah, I made a secret invention, the field accelerator, no rockets needed, I get about 200 G out of it, it works so well I don't feel any acceleration except what I let bleed out, with my other secret invention, the matter-antimatter flipper and recombiner, I get so much energy I can't use it all, I get to mars and back in about 12 hours. Of course it didn' ...[text shortened]... had to land with just two ropes holding the thing together. What a pain in the butt that was.
    Damn it! I was working in parallel, and was just working out the need for a possible fourth safety rope.

You beat me hands down, Sir. 🙁

-m Vladimir.
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    13 Apr '12 07:39
    Which one? Are you talking about the one I created in sketch-up then uploaded to the Google Earth warehouse (http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/) then changed the 'planet' option from 'Earth' to 'Mars'?
  5. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    14 Apr '12 06:05
    nothing new here, been putting them on mars for decades (sigh)
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Apr '12 13:391 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Yeah, I made a secret invention, the field accelerator, no rockets needed, I get about 200 G out of it, it works so well I don't feel any acceleration except what I let bleed out, with my other secret invention, the matter-antimatter flipper and recombiner, I get so much energy I can't use it all, I get to mars and back in about 12 hours. Of course it didn' ...[text shortened]... had to land with just two ropes holding the thing together. What a pain in the butt that was.
    Now if you can only add about 7 or 8 more in a circular fashion, perhaps you can summon druids to come celebrate the Martian solstice.......

They hang out at the Martian space station discovered a while back.
  7. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    18 Apr '12 23:51
    The Martian monolith was left there by the apes. I saw it before. 😞
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Apr '12 19:07
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    The Martian monolith was left there by the apes. I saw it before. 😞
    Hello Dave. How about a nice game of chess........
  9. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    08 May '12 03:031 edit

One can find a plethora of videos on youtube concerning surface anomalies on Mars. Now either the cosmos can create human faces, pyramids, ruins showing square building foundations and human faces, or... 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree