1. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Aug '11 15:20
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Your fairy tale of men being here for billions of years may have fooled the savages 3000 years ago and those words were recorded so we can read them now, those words do not cut the mustard in light of 21st century science and technology.

3000 years ago, 2000 years ago, 1000 years ago, 50 years ago even, there was not the slightest hint there was anything ...[text shortened]... t humans would have eaten a billion years ago when there was nothing on earth but bacteria.
    The earth of today was not the same earth of a billion years ago.

I have said repeatedly that the universe goes through partial annihilations which upsets all possibilities of observing a time line that goes in straight line.......which science needs to be able to understand anything at all.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Time reference
    Kalpa (a day of Brahma) is consists of thousand mahayugas, fourteen manvantaras, or 4,320,000,000 years.

The beginning of this kalpa was 2.3 billion years ago (453 mahayugas back).

Brahma's life (vikalpa) is 311,040,000,000,000 years long. "Our" Brahma is fifty years old.

"Outside of the three planetary systems [Svarga, Martya and Patala], the four yugas multiplied by one thousand comprise one day on the planet of Brahma. A similar period comprises a night of Brahma, in which the creator of the universe goes to sleep."
    (SB 3.11.22)

"After the end of Brahma's night, the creation of the three worlds begins again in the daytime of Brahma, and they continue to exist through the life durations of fourteen consecutive Manus, or fathers of mankind."
    (SB 3.11.23)

You can know understand that your perception of the time line is not fluid and therefore you cannot understand the fact that humans existed way back.
  2. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Aug '11 15:20
    Answer me this: Do you know what quantum mechanics is all about? I mean the basic ideas behind it not all the ins and outs, just what it means. I am leading to a point.
    Yes most persons do.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    18 Aug '11 15:231 edit
    Originally posted by Dasa
    The earth of today was not the same earth of a billion years ago.

I have said repeatedly that the universe goes through partial annihilations which upsets all possibilities of observing a time line that goes in straight line.......which science needs to be able to understand anything at all.

--------------------------------------------------------------- is not fluid and therefore you cannot understand the fact that humans existed way back.
    You have exactly itme more words. In 4000 years, humans can write a lot of crap, just because it was written way back then has no bearing on its truth.

Here is the saddest part: You are so stuck in these lies you would give up on everything good and great about our civilization, concentrate only on the bad parts then profess not to even give a crap if someone close to you dies, you have this sadly mistaken belief in things that should have died out thousands of years ago. You are a sad person.
  4. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    18 Aug '11 16:01
    You're just feeding the troll, sonhouse.
  5. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Aug '11 18:18
    You have exactly itme more words. In 4000 years, humans can write a lot of crap, just because it was written way back then has no bearing on its truth.

Here is the saddest part: You are so stuck in these lies you would give up on everything good and great about our civilization, concentrate only on the bad parts then profess not to even give a crap if so ...[text shortened]... istaken belief in things that should have died out thousands of years ago. You are a sad person.
    Your in Maya.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    18 Aug '11 20:32
    Originally posted by Palynka
    You're just feeding the troll, sonhouse.
    This is true
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    18 Aug '11 20:40
    Yes most persons do.
    Tell me what quantum mechanics is then. I would like to know your level of understanding before I go any further.
  8. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Aug '11 23:456 edits
    Tell me what quantum mechanics is then. I would like to know your level of understanding before I go any further.
    Quantum mechanics is the study of the smallest particles within matter and the acknowledgement that these particles do not follow the same rules as do the larger particles known to science in everyday physics.
  9. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    19 Aug '11 00:17
    Quantum mechanics is the study of the smallest particles within matter and the acknowledgement that these particles do not follow the same rules as do the larger particles known to science in everyday physics.
    Wrong! Care to try again?
  10. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Aug '11 04:49
    Originally posted by adam warlock
    Wrong! Care to try again?
    My answer is correct................it is the simple non technical answer for lay persons.
  11. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    19 Aug '11 09:401 edit
    My answer is correct................it is the simple non technical answer for lay persons.
    Besides being simple it is also wrong.

Bose Einstein Condensates are quantum entities and they can be macroscopic. A better answer doesn't have to mention the size nor the kind of laws of the entities. You just have to mention their ontological nature and behavior.

If you'd talk about the casual non deterministic aspect of quantum mechanics while also mentioning the fact that quantum behavior always happens but it is only noticeable when interference effects are mainly constructive you'd have a much better answer.

This is a very nice book: http://www.amazon.com/QED-Strange-Princeton-Science-Library/dp/0691125759 with it you can understand quantum mechanics and quantum field theory at a popular but not dumbed down level.

Edit: Take a look at the videos of the conferences that originated the book: http://www.vega.org.uk/video/subseries/8
  12. Germany
    Moves
    19 Aug '11 10:28
    Your answer is wrong, quantum mechanics describes all matter and is valid for large systems.
  13. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Aug '11 10:46
    Originally posted by adam warlock
    Besides being simple it is also wrong.

Bose Einstein Condensates are quantum entities and they can be macroscopic. A better answer doesn't have to mention the size nor the kind of laws of the entities. You just have to mention their ontological nature and behavior.

If you'd talk about the casual non deterministic aspect of quantum mechanics while ...[text shortened]... videos of the conferences that originated the book: http://www.vega.org.uk/video/subseries/8
    I am not interested in quantum mechanics.

Why are you pulling me into this topic.

It is not important.

What is important is how to develop love for God.

This world is not a world I want to come back to.

I am only interested in returning home back to Godhead.

That,s the only important thing.

Leave quantum mechanics for the atheists to waste their time with.
  14. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    19 Aug '11 10:57
    😵
  15. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    19 Aug '11 11:00
    I am not interested in quantum mechanics.

Why are you pulling me into this topic.

It is not important.

What is important is how to develop love for God.

This world is not a world I want to come back to.

I am only interested in returning home back to Godhead.

That,s the only important thing.

In that case please explain how you can morally benefit from the work
    of theologically doomed atheists who did the quantum mechanics needed
    to make your computer work?

Also if you find their work useful (which you evidently do as you're using it
    right now) how can you claim it was a waste of time?

If you are only interested in returning 'home back to Godhead' and not care about
    mortal suffering, disease or starvation.
    How can you claim to be a moral being, surely in that case anything you do is
    for the selfish motivation of making it to heaven (or your religions equivalent)?

which will surely be detectable by your deity who will disbar you for being selfish?

If not then your god cares only about people worshipping him, and nothing
    about how they treat others in this world and is that not a moral being.

In that case why would you worship such a being?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree