1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Jul '09 12:221 edit
    http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/07/090720225213.htm

Found by an amateur astronomer! The big guys confirm story.

A bit more info here:

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn17491-jupiter-sports-new-bruise-from-impact.html
  2. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    23 Jul '09 07:43
    "We were extremely lucky to be seeing Jupiter at exactly the right time, the right hour, the right side of Jupiter to witness the event. We couldn't have planned it better," said Glenn Orton, a scientist at JPL.

Coincidence -- or message?
  3. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    23 Jul '09 10:09
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    "We were extremely lucky to be seeing Jupiter at exactly the right time, the right hour, the right side of Jupiter to witness the event. We couldn't have planned it better," said Glenn Orton, a scientist at JPL.

Coincidence -- or message?
    Seeing as how Jupiter acts as the 'vacuum cleaner' of our solar system i would assume it was coincidence.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 Jul '09 02:531 edit
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Seeing as how Jupiter acts as the 'vacuum cleaner' of our solar system i would assume it was coincidence.
    Yeah, lets see, Alien wants to send message to Earthers. Ok he says, I know they have telescopes, lets slam an asteroid into Jupiter! Yeah, that's the ticket! We can do it when we know that side of Jove is visible from Earth! If they don't get THAT message, we have one ready to go to slam into the moon! And we will time the Jupiter slamdunk to be exactly 15 years after the comet Shoemaker made a mess of Jovian atmosphere! Yeah, that's the ticket! BY JOVE, I THINK WE GOT IT!
  5. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    24 Jul '09 04:19
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Yeah, lets see, Alien wants to send message to Earthers. Ok he says, I know they have telescopes, lets slam an asteroid into Jupiter! Yeah, that's the ticket! We can do it when we know that side of Jove is visible from Earth! If they don't get THAT message, we have one ready to go to slam into the moon! And we will time the Jupiter slamdunk to be exactly 15 ...[text shortened]... emaker made a mess of Jovian atmosphere! Yeah, that's the ticket! BY JOVE, I THINK WE GOT IT!
    Your insight into alien methods is a little suspicious.
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    24 Jul '09 07:44
    Yeah, lets see, Alien wants to send message to Earthers. Ok he says, I know they have telescopes, lets slam an asteroid into Jupiter! Yeah, that's the ticket! We can do it when we know that side of Jove is visible from Earth! If they don't get THAT message, we have one ready to go to slam into the moon! And we will time the Jupiter slamdunk to be exactly 15 ...[text shortened]... emaker made a mess of Jovian atmosphere! Yeah, that's the ticket! BY JOVE, I THINK WE GOT IT!
    And if they still don't get the message, lets slam one into the earth, there sure to get that.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Jul '09 10:25
    http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/07/090720225213.htm

Found by an amateur astronomer! The big guys confirm story.

A bit more info here:

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn17491-jupiter-sports-new-bruise-from-impact.html
    I would say that this happens more frequently than people think. In fact, now that I know no one on earth seems to be studying the planet with any degree of consistancy, I know its the case.

As for alien messages, I was looking at it the other day through my telescope and I thought I could make out John 3:16. 😲
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    24 Jul '09 11:04
    Originally posted by whodey
    As for alien messages, I was looking at it the other day through my telescope and I thought I could make out John 3:16. 😲
    For God so loved Jupiter .....

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree