1. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    27 Feb '11 21:37
    Is there a application/database that reports the name/composer of a piece of music based on "hearing" the music? A sort of IBM Watson for music?
  2. In your face
    Moves
    27 Feb '11 22:001 edit
    Originally posted by JS357
    Is there a application/database that reports the name/composer of a piece of music based on "hearing" the music? A sort of IBM Watson for music?
    I saw some software on 'Tomorrow's World' a few years ago that could cross reference a few notes with its database and tell you which song you were looking for. I'm guessing the technology is out there on the net now.What it is called though, I do not know.

Edit: just Google 'melody recognition software' and it throws a load of stuff up.
  3. Germany
    Moves
    28 Feb '11 08:51
    Originally posted by JS357
    Yes.
  4. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    28 Feb '11 23:07
    Originally posted by jimslyp69
    I saw some software on 'Tomorrow's World' a few years ago that could cross reference a few notes with its database and tell you which song you were looking for. I'm guessing the technology is out there on the net now.What it is called though, I do not know.

Edit: just Google 'melody recognition software' and it throws a load of stuff up.
    Thanks, I found http://www.musipedia.org/. Now to see if the next time I have a need. it works.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree