1. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    11 Aug '17 11:35
    Originally posted by @eladar
    No one has been able to create the correct conditiins for abiogenesis. It has never been reproduced. No one has ever seen it happen.

Can anyone falsify the idea of abiogenesis?
    I don't know even half of what it is to know about abiogenesis.

If you are interested, then go to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abiogenesis page in wiki. It's a lot to absorb and if you are not satisfied with this, then follow the extensive table references and biographies. This is science! It gives you all the answers you need.

Abiogenesis is not just opinions and guessings. Experimentalists has came into conclusions that are fantastic! And no supernatural phenomena are even needed.

This thing called abiogenesis is threatening for all people believing in intelligent design and creation. It shouldn't. If creationists have a better scientific idea than abiogenesis, even they may do experiments in god creating life, falsifiable of course, and then we will discuss it in a scientific manner. But unto today science has the best scientific explanation about how the first life on Earth came about.

Again - respect to you for an interesting debate!
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    11 Aug '17 12:02
    In my opinion it should be possible to create life from ingredients. Put together, atom for atom, a molecule of DNA as a copy of a bacteria genetic information. Do the same thing with all the other things within this bacterial cell. Then bag it up with a cell membrane. We don't have the technology for it yet (perhaps we have, i don't know) so this perhaps cannot be done in reality. But when we can put atoms together in the correct order, then we have a perfectly living bacteria.

I am of this opinion that there is no magic involved with life. No soul. No sparc. When the atoms form a bacteria, then it will also be a bacteria, and it will reproduce.

Can this happen in nature some billion of years ago? I say yes! No supernatural phenomena is needed. If the conditions are the right one, then life will develop. It happened on Earth, not on the moon, perhaps on Mars, perhaps elsewhere in the solar system, we don't know yet.
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    11 Aug '17 12:16
    Originally posted by @fabianfnas
    I don't know even half of what it is to know about abiogenesis.

If you are interested, then go to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abiogenesis page in wiki. It's a lot to absorb and if you are not satisfied with this, then follow the extensive table references and biographies. This is science! It gives you all the answers you need.

Abiogenesis is not ...[text shortened]... out how the first life on Earth came about.

Again - respect to you for an interesting debate!
    So man has been able to produce life by abiogenesis?
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    11 Aug '17 12:18
    So man has been able to produce life by abiogenesis?
    Does it say so in the wiki reference?
    Or do you ask about my opinion?
  5. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    11 Aug '17 12:20
    panspermia
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    11 Aug '17 12:22
    Does it say so in the wiki reference?
    Or do you ask about my opinion?
    I'm just making sure that you know the facts. Do you know that man has never been able to reproduce abiogenesis.
  7. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    11 Aug '17 12:26
    Do you know that man has never been able to reproduce abiogenesis.
    Okay, youre stating a fact, I thought you were asking.
    My question to you is, do you know if it is impossible to reproduce abiogenesis in the future, when our technology is better?
  8. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    11 Aug '17 12:355 edits
    No one has been able to create the correct conditiins for abiogenesis. It has never been reproduced. No one has ever seen it happen.

Can anyone falsify the idea of abiogenesis?
    No one has been able to create the correct conditions for Goddidit. It has never been reproduced. No one has ever seen it happen.

Can anyone falsify the Goddidit?

-except many of the preconditions for abiogenesis can be physically simulated in a lab thus testing its credibility while we cannot do that with preconditions of a Goddidit. Abiogenesis is falsifiable; if we eventually calculate from our observations and scientific detective work that the laws of physics and chemistry conspire to make it impossible for the first cell to form then that would prove abiogenesis false. In contrast, your Goddidit isn't falsifiable because if there is no God then we still cannot prove there is no God and we still cannot prove there was no Goddidit .

You can, without the slightest effort of thought, easily explain anything away with a god or magic or the supernatural.
    But, for a real explanation, you must do a lot better than that.
    Real explanations requires real thinking.
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    11 Aug '17 12:36
    Okay, youre stating a fact, I thought you were asking.
    My question to you is, do you know if it is impossible to reproduce abiogenesis in the future, when our technology is better?
    I know it is still possible, which makes it impossible to falsify.

It can't be reproduced nor can it be falsified, it can only be accepted by faith.
  10. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    11 Aug '17 12:411 edit
    nor can it be falsified,
    wrong; it is falsifiable; see my last post.
  11. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    11 Aug '17 12:43
    I know it is still possible, which makes it impossible to falsify.

It can't be reproduced nor can it be falsified, it can only be accepted by faith.
    Well, I see it this way: Once it has been done, it is shown that it can be done.
    Even if it has been done, we still don't know how the first living cell was living.

With faith you an believe anything. Science don't use faith as a scientific method.
    If you want to discuss faith, then it's better we turn back to Spiritual Forum again.
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    11 Aug '17 12:45
    Originally posted by @humy
    wrong; it is falsifiable; see my last post.
    So you are saying that science will never achieve more knowledge or a better understanding of how things work? In the future they could not come up with a method of making abiogenesis work if we can't today?
  13. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    11 Aug '17 12:511 edit
  14. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    11 Aug '17 12:514 edits
    So you are saying that science will never achieve more knowledge or a better understanding of how things work?
    I clearly said/implied nothing of the sort and I believe the contrary. Read my post again and then come back to us.
    Try reading the part that says;

" if we eventually calculate from our observations and scientific detective work that the laws of physics and chemistry conspire to make it impossible for the first cell to form then that would prove abiogenesis false. "

Thus, unlike your God superstition and contrary to your claim, abiogenesis is falsifiable.
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    11 Aug '17 13:03
    Originally posted by @humy
    I clearly said/implied nothing of the sort and I believe the contrary. Read my post again and then come back to us.
    Try reading the part that says;

" if we eventually calculate from our observations and scientific detective work that the laws of physics and chemistry conspire to make it impossible for the first cell to form then that would prove abiogenesi ...[text shortened]... "

Thus, unlike your God superstition and contrary to your claim, abiogenesis is falsifiable.
    So you think our understanding will not improve? Would improved understanding change the formulas?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree