1. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    03 May '14 19:21
    Originally posted by humy
    http://theenergycollective.com/gcooperrfa/227356/busting-big-oil-myths-renewable-fuel-standard-part-i

And, even if none of the above is true, the fact remains, conspiracy or no conspiracy, it is a scientific fact that the CO2 man is putting into the atmosphere must be, according to basic physics, causing warming. I should know; I have studied and learned the physics at university level.
    Freeman Dyson is a respected physics professor. He should know too, right?

He happens to disagree with you.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/29/magazine/29Dyson-t.html?sq=Freeman&_r=0

Read up on him and get back to us when you are ready. You are too close minded right now and for some reason you think we care about your claimed educational level.
  2. Germany
    Moves
    03 May '14 19:28
    Originally posted by Metal Brain

Read up on him and get back to us when you are ready. You are too close minded right now and for some reason you think we care about your claimed educational level.
    Brilliant physicists are usually weird, insane or worse. Dyson isn't the worst of the crackpots, although he gets close. Read up on Josephson if you want to read some really loony stuff.
  3. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    03 May '14 21:17

So, even though the vast majority of top climate scientists would confirm global warming, I should still doubt global warming because one says they are all wrong?
    In every profession, you are going to get someone that doesn't conform to the principles of that profession and science is no exception. The basic principle of science is scientific method and those that go against that scientific method are just cranks or something worse.
  4. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    04 May '14 00:45
    So, even though the vast majority of top climate scientists would confirm global warming, I should still doubt global warming because one says they are all wrong?
    In every profession, you are going to get someone that doesn't conform to the principles of that profession and science is no exception. The basic principle of science is scientific method and those that go against that scientific method are just cranks or something worse.
    "So, even though the vast majority of top climate scientists would confirm global warming, I should still doubt global warming because one says they are all wrong?"

Have I ever denied global warming? Of course not, which makes you the idiot to all here. You cannot even conform to reality!

To you all people who disagree with you are deniers and heretics. Natural or not, global warming exists, but you want to mislead others into thinking only those that deny any warming at all is the same as those that deny warming is caused by man made causes which is totally false!

Your finger pointing to those you call "deniers" is just a misleading propaganda game you know is bunk designed to fool people. You have no shame do you?
  5. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    04 May '14 03:14
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    So what? They study and predict the weather.
    Weather is not climate.
  6. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    04 May '14 07:222 edits
    "So, even though the vast majority of top climate scientists would confirm global warming, I should still doubt global warming because one says they are all wrong?"

Have I ever denied global warming? Of course not, which makes you the idiot to all here. You cannot even conform to reality!

To you all people who disagree with you are deniers and here ...[text shortened]... a misleading propaganda game you know is bunk designed to fool people. You have no shame do you?
    Have I ever denied global warming?

I never implied you did. Obviously, I was talking about MAN MADE global warming. I just didn't prefix the words "man made" to that because I was too lazy to type it and I assumed you had the intelligence to guess what I meant given the context.
  7. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    04 May '14 17:41
    Have I ever denied global warming?

I never implied you did. Obviously, I was talking about MAN MADE global warming. I just didn't prefix the words "man made" to that because I was too lazy to type it and I assumed you had the intelligence to guess what I meant given the context.
    It is not just you. Many people use the word "deniers" carelessly. It has a negative implication and that implication is usually reserved for those that deny any global warming at all, not just MMGW.
    Since the climate of the past was much warmer than it is now and man did not exist during the epoch I think it is time for you to stop being too lazy to clarify.
  8. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    04 May '14 18:382 edits
    It is not just you. Many people use the word "deniers" carelessly. It has a negative implication and that implication is usually reserved for those that deny any global warming at all, not just MMGW.
    Since the climate of the past was much warmer than it is now and man did not exist during the epoch I think it is time for you to stop being too lazy to clarify.
    Since the climate of the past was much warmer than it is now and man did not exist during the epoch

-which is irrelevant because, extremely obviously, any warm period before man must, logically, have been due to purely natural climate fluctuations.

And, as I said, I assumed you had the intelligence to guess what I meant given the context -I apologize for being wrong about that.
  9. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    05 May '14 12:50
    Since the climate of the past was much warmer than it is now and man did not exist during the epoch

-which is irrelevant because, extremely obviously, any warm period before man must, logically, have been due to purely natural climate fluctuations.

And, as I said, I assumed you had the intelligence to guess what I meant given the context -I apologize for being wrong about that.
    Try using the word "skeptic" instead. It is far less misleading.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree