1. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    24 Jul '11 12:35
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Oh! Thanks for the info. So Maori are Viking like people to the Aborigines' Irish.
    More like the Saami to the Irish. There is more sea water between Kiwiland and Oz than there is between Dublin and Trondheim (this distance is often massively underestimated by Europeans and Americans alike), and the Maori are no more closely related to the Aboriginals than they are to us - probably less so.

Richard
  2. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    24 Jul '11 18:45
    Originally posted by shahenshah
    "the heavy chest and short legs and such.
    I wonder if there is anyone alive today expressing more than say 10 percent neanderthal through recessive combinations? "

Hmmm, has anyone seen the guys on WWF (Wrestling) on TV. 🙂
    Have you seen the Women in Yorkshire ?
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 Jul '11 06:101 edit
    Originally posted by phil3000
    Have you seen the Women in Yorkshire ?
    Maybe we better rethink this neanderthal thing.....

Let's see, F Murray Abraham, Jimmy Durante. Hmm, we are on to something here....
  4. Joined
    05 Feb '11
    Moves
    30 Jul '11 08:31
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Not at all. Conventional theory is that some Europeans may be partly descended from Cro-Magnon man (though that does depend on what you mean by Cro-Magnon man);
    The article doesn't change that view at all, it only adds the fact that there was some interbreeding with Neanderthals (probably prior to Cro-Magnon man). However, most of our genes are from the ...[text shortened]... e to do with culture and life style than anything else. (and may all be in your mind anyway).
    Really Mr Whitehead,

Please see the below link on a study of the Bushman/San people and non-violence.

http://scholar.sun.ac.za/bitstream/handle/10019.1/1879/Muthien,%20BF.pdf?sequence=1
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    30 Jul '11 11:49
    Originally posted by shahenshah
    Really Mr Whitehead,

Please see the below link on a study of the Bushman/San people and non-violence.

http://scholar.sun.ac.za/bitstream/handle/10019.1/1879/Muthien,%20BF.pdf?sequence=1
    I am afraid I won't read it all.

Does it show that the peacefulness of Bushmen / San people is universal amongst those people, and does it show that it is tied to genetics rather than culture?
  6. Joined
    05 Feb '11
    Moves
    01 Aug '11 03:39
    [b]I am afraid I won't read it all.....shortenedb]
    If you won't read it then you won't know.
  7. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    02 Aug '11 10:20
    I am afraid I won't read it all.
    I went as far as the subtitle: "Beyond Patriarchy & Violence". Yes, complete with ampersand replacing "and", implying that this is an inherent relationship both ways. That's all you need to read to know that the rest is prejudiced, badly researched bunk - not just racist, but sexist as well.

Richard

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree