Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Science Forum

Science Forum

  1. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    07 Jan '15 12:16
    http://phys.org/news/2015-01-high-temperature-superconductor-fingerprint.html

    Every little discovery leads us closer to room temp superconductors.
  2. 07 Jan '15 19:51
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    http://phys.org/news/2015-01-high-temperature-superconductor-fingerprint.html

    Every little discovery leads us closer to room temp superconductors.
    The LHC is actually super cooled. The magnets that accellerate the photons are about one degree above absoluter zero.
  3. Standard member DeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    07 Jan '15 22:26
    Originally posted by woadman
    The LHC is actually super cooled. The magnets that accellerate the photons are about one degree above absoluter zero.
    That's correct, except that it is protons that are accelerated.
  4. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    08 Jan '15 11:03
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    That's correct, except that it is protons that are accelerated.
    Yep, photons are pretty much immune to magnetic fields. They interact but not to accelerate or even change direction.