Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Science Forum

Science Forum

  1. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    24 May '12 20:33
    http://futureinnovation.larc.nasa.gov/view/articles/futurism/bushnell/low-energy-nuclear-reactions.html
  2. Subscriber WoodPush
    Pusher of wood
    24 May '12 20:57 / 1 edit
    I'm thinking you posted the wrong link - same as your previous post, different title.
    Unless you think the universe originated in a low energy reaction, but I'm thinking not
  3. Subscriber Kewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    25 May '12 10:22
    Did a copy'n'paste on the earlier thread. Then did a ----'n'paste in this thread. Easily done.
  4. 25 May '12 11:00
    it's also in the spirituality thread lol

    http://phys.org/news/2012-05-black-hole-universe-physicist-solution.html#firstCmt
  5. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    25 May '12 11:58
    Originally posted by tim88
    it's also in the spirituality thread lol

    http://phys.org/news/2012-05-black-hole-universe-physicist-solution.html#firstCmt
    Sorry about that. Got a post from my daughter on the low energy nuke, forgot I lose the old link when I cut and paste the new one.
  6. 26 May '12 09:02
    Originally posted by tim88
    it's also in the spirituality thread lol

    http://phys.org/news/2012-05-black-hole-universe-physicist-solution.html#firstCmt
    It's better placed there. This "new theory" is neither new nor a theory proper. It's just speculation, and it's been around since at least the 1980s. There is no evidence, and there has been no real development in this conjecture since it's been first posited.
    Physorg is, once again, doing nothing for their credibility.

    Richard
  7. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    26 May '12 11:05
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    It's better placed there. This "new theory" is neither new nor a theory proper. It's just speculation, and it's been around since at least the 1980s. There is no evidence, and there has been no real development in this conjecture since it's been first posited.
    Physorg is, once again, doing nothing for their credibility.

    Richard
    There is the one line of evidence in the spin of galaxies, a pattern of spin like hurricanes, spinning in one direction in one section of the sky and the other direction in other parts of the sky.

    It's not a whole lot to go on but cosmology is a young science, there will be further discoveries along this line. Proving or refuting, time will tell.
  8. Standard member Soothfast
    0,1,1,2,3,5,8,13,21,
    27 May '12 23:27
    Well it's a nifty sci-fi concept if nothing else.
  9. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    28 May '12 05:09
    Originally posted by Soothfast
    Well it's a nifty sci-fi concept if nothing else.
    Maybe a sci fi theme there might be since the universe is spinning, that implies there is a north and south pole of the universe, so this super advanced race develops a space drive that allows one to go quadrillions of times the speed of light and they hunt for the north and south pole of the universe and find it and find indeed it is a weakness in space that allows them to exit and re-enter our universe at will. Mayhem ensues.