Next generation cars

Standard memberRemoved
Science 27 Sep '17 03:46
  1. Germany
    Moves
    03 Oct '17 17:25
    Originally posted by @christopher-albon
    Agreed that the car needs to be semi-intelligent for the reason you state ( brain farts). Secondly we don't want to dispose of those already built. With regards to the technologies you have listed, that sounds incredibly expensive. Wouldn't it be cheaper to paint a solenoid on the car and use inductance charging from the centre Isle? Could this th ...[text shortened]... ve people actually find release driving around the countrywide, so why give an AI that pleasure.
    You cannot drive an electric car using a "low-cost, swappable battery" for more than a few kilometers.
  2. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    03 Oct '17 17:27
    Originally posted by @athousandyoungI meant one of the reasons we have private cars instead of public transport...
    We had cars first. So, that's why.
  3. Germany
    Moves
    03 Oct '17 17:50
    Originally posted by @apathist
    No. The main reason for public transportation is to relieve traffic congestion, which is the opposite of what you suggest.
    Public transport predates traffic congestion by several millennia.
  4. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    03 Oct '17 21:08
    Originally posted by @kazetnagorra
    Public transport predates traffic congestion by several millennia.
    City buses, trolleys, light rail and subways do not, so I suppose you mean ferries. Which were subsidized because of congestion, btw.
  5. Germany
    Moves
    04 Oct '17 18:24
    Originally posted by @apathist
    City buses, trolleys, light rail and subways do not, so I suppose you mean ferries. Which were subsidized because of congestion, btw.
    Buses, trains, trams and subways all existed long before traffic congestion of cars became an issue. Of course it is true that recent investment in public transport has been motivated in part by attempting to alleviate congestion.
  6. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    05 Oct '17 16:45
    Originally posted by @kazetnagorra
    Buses, trains, trams and subways all existed long before traffic congestion of cars became an issue. Of course it is true that recent investment in public transport has been motivated in part by attempting to alleviate congestion.
    Congestion of cars? Who said otherwise?

kazet, you seem to be one of those people who oppose honest communication. All splitting hairs, digressing and moving goalposts as a matter of automatic routine. Good to know!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree