do you have for the curious?
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    27 Jun '08 18:07
    Originally posted by larry newell
    Who knows about this subject and what facts
    do you have for the curious?
    A new story of an old thought. What if? A decade or two ago it was called Nemesis.

It is a hypothetical planet, not observed. Religious people use it for their apocalyps dreams. Astrologist use it to deversify their future tellings. Conspirateurs are using it to prove the governements are not telling the truth. Book writers are using it to make money.

I say - when proven, then we can discuss it.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Jun '08 21:391 edit
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    A new story of an old thought. What if? A decade or two ago it was called Nemesis.

It is a hypothetical planet, not observed. Religious people use it for their apocalyps dreams. Astrologist use it to deversify their future tellings. Conspirateurs are using it to prove the governements are not telling the truth. Book writers are using it to make money.

I say - when proven, then we can discuss it.
    Indeed. The 'Nemisis' star idea was to show why there were discovered extinction events on earth that timed out to roughly, very roughly, every 35 million years and the conspiracy theorists jumped right on that one when it was discovered that coincidentally the last such event happened, guess when, yep, you got it, 35 million years ago. The idea being this star is in a huge orbit that every 35 million years it is at Perigee (closest approach to the sun in its orbit) and there it perturbs comets and asteroids in the Oort Cloud and some of those come crashing directly into the vicinity of earth and some of those slam into our planet, completely ruining your day.
    So they like to tweek our fear factor and in an enormous coincidence, sell thousands of books about the subject.
    Or not. Maybe you can just play the video game:
    http://www.gameboomers.com/wtcheats/pcNn/NiBiRu.htm
  4. Joined
    02 Jun '06
    Moves
    28 Jun '08 02:10
    I have been reading alot about the Sumarians
    and Myans they seem to know more about
    the subject then the people today.How could
    ancient ancestory know so much about the
    solar sytem with the naked eye fact or fiction
    or just trying to sell more books?
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    28 Jun '08 06:20
    Originally posted by larry newell
    I have been reading alot about the Sumarians
    and Myans they seem to know more about
    the subject then the people today.How could
    ancient ancestory know so much about the
    solar sytem with the naked eye fact or fiction
    or just trying to sell more books?
    They didn't, as you said, they don't know more than they observed. They didn't know anything about distant planets. But this subject is very profitable to write books about as they are bought en masse of people who av very easily impressed by myths. von Däniken was one of these authors, Velikovsky another.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree