This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Feb '16 11:45
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    You definitely have a point there. I can see the bias when we still went to church, they got a female preacher and attendance dropped and it seemed to me because she didn't sound masculine enough.

Personally I don't like getting preached at by either sex but apparently a lot of people do and that seems to be because of a masculine voice at the pulpit.

Times are changing though, more women are being accepted by churches as preachers.

One of our best friends went through divinity school with high honors (she already had an MD) and now has a church with high attendance. They have accepted her.
  3. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    29 Feb '16 12:094 edits
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    You definitely have a point there. I can see the bias when we still went to church, they got a female preacher and attendance dropped and it seemed to me because she didn't sound masculine enough.
    I doubt that may have been the reason. The bible says that women are not to hold authority over, or teach men in the church. Many Christians take that seriously. I think that had more to do with it than the perception that she didn't have more authoritative voice.
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    29 Feb '16 13:14
    I for one, do agree. Sadly, I am not an employer.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Feb '16 13:571 edit
    Originally posted by vivify
    I doubt that may have been the reason. The bible says that women are not to hold authority over, or teach men in the church. Many Christians take that seriously. I think that had more to do with it than the perception that she didn't have more authoritative voice.
    Just another way there is built in sexual bias in religion. That is why my daughter and her husband dropped out of religion, they were devout Baha'i but found out women were not allowed in any higher ranks so they said goodbye which I thought that to be a good thing.
    I am glad they are out of it, even though Baha'i is a gentle faith, at least I don't hear about them being involved in extremist attacks. Could be wrong of course.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Mar '16 02:26

7. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    01 Mar '16 20:45
    There are Darth Vader voice emulator apps out there. Perhaps that's the way forward.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Mar '16 22:521 edit

9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 Mar '16 14:25
    Dutchess, here is a link to the world champ go v computer:

YouTube

That is, if you are interested, sorry to bother you otherwise.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Mar '16 22:30

11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 Mar '16 12:05
    Wow, you do get around. Watching the match, or should I say blow out? 2-0 now, comp making totally unexpected moves shocking poor Mr Lee.

How did you meet Redmond? Sorry, shouldn't be getting nosy.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Mar '16 20:471 edit

13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Mar '16 01:28
    Redmond said the last game was a ten pointer, at least ten points on a 9 dan player. I think between two such players the win would be more like one or two points.

It seems to me to indicate the neural net is stronger than a 9 dan.

Game three tonight. Will Lee have time to analyse those two games and see something in it he can use to his advantage in next game?

My guess is not enough time. I also think they are not going to get very many games from Alpha to analyze unless they get their hands on another neural net like AlphaGo.

I think Google will close it down for any further go research and go on to other things just like IBM did with Deep Blue.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree