1. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    20 Dec '13 13:122 edits
    http://medicalxpress.com/news/2013-12-aging-reversed.html

perhaps this is wild wishful thinking but I hope that this could eventually, but within OUR life times, lead to further research that will find a way of reversing the aging process in us humans.
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    20 Dec '13 19:21
    Originally posted by humy
    http://medicalxpress.com/news/2013-12-aging-reversed.html

perhaps this is wild wishful thinking but I hope that this could eventually, but within OUR life times, lead to further research that will find a way of reversing the aging process in us humans.
    Why would you want to make people live longer when the planet is already becoming over populated?

Unless of course you believe that only certain people should benefit from the advancement while others do not.
  3. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    20 Dec '13 19:443 edits
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Why would you want to make people live longer when the planet is already becoming over populated?

Unless of course you believe that only certain people should benefit from the advancement while others do not.

birth control would sort out the problem of overpopulation. I once saw a documentary that explained that one common reason a lot of people in the third world have lots of children is to make sure at least some survive to look after them in their old age which is an understandable motive in a country where there is no state help or well fair for old people. Now, if they don't ever suffer from old age because of age-reversal, these same people won't have such a strong motive to have lots of children and thus can be easily persuaded not to. So, you see, age reversal, if it ever becomes reality, may actually help slow down population growth.

Unless of course you believe that only certain people should benefit from the advancement while others do not

Why would I wish that unfairness? You get some strange ideas.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 Dec '13 11:50
    Originally posted by humy

birth control would sort out the problem of overpopulation. I once saw a documentary that explained that one common reason a lot of people in the third world have lots of children is to make sure at least some survive to look after them in the ...[text shortened]... while others do not [/quote]
    Why would I wish that unfairness? You get some strange ideas.
    That would be because he IS strange.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree