1. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    25 Jan '10 20:58
    Creationist Astronomer Hugh Ross says location of our local group of galaxies and distrubution of dark matter make our Milky Way a privledged galaxy. Ie. able to see back to in time and at a great distance to early universe.

YouTube&feature=rec-fresh+div-r-8-HM
  2. Germany
    Moves
    26 Jan '10 12:19
    I stopped reading after "creationist astronomer".
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    26 Jan '10 12:40
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    This is a good example of an 'oxymoron'.
  4. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    26 Jan '10 15:53
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    This is a good example of an 'oxymoron'.
    I think it is a good example of a 'moron'. No oxy needed.
  5. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    26 Jan '10 20:121 edit
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Good. I am looking for intellectualy astute people to view the video.

Bigots need not apply.
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    26 Jan '10 20:29
    Originally posted by jaywill
    ,Bigots need not apply.
    Who is a biggot? Creationist Astronomer Hugh Ross?
  7. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    26 Jan '10 22:31

Bigots need not apply.
    While these folks are treating you badly, it's a pain in the butt to sit through some video. I recommend you start summarizing the ideas you learn in your own words. You reference the video, but don't just stick it out there and say "watch it".
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    26 Jan '10 22:53

Bigots need not apply.
    Ok, I watched it. The disdain I feel coming from this guy is amazing, he is basically doing ad hominem attacks on the astronomers who did not want to publish their work, implying they were so biased they did not want to accept a supernatural explanation for their discoveries. Also, he turned 'dark energy' into 'three kinds of DARKNESS" with subtle religious overtones. He also makes the unwarrented assumption we are in a privileged place physically in the universe so as to allow us to see basically the whole universe unimpeded by huge galaxies, saying for instance, if you were in the galaxy that contains the Tarantula nebula, it would cover 80 degrees of the sky and astronomy would be impossible. He doesn't bother saying anything about other wavelengths like IR or UV or X rays or Cosmic ray or radio telescopes that have given much more depth to our astronomical knowledge, where at those wavelengths almost any place in the universe would render images giving vital information about the universe around us. He seems to want people to believe visible light astronomy is the only window to view the universe. For instance, there is now a concerted effort to find gravity waves, not so far successful but they are working hard to get to the next level of sensors, some ten times more sensitive than those on the horizon now and even more sensitive space probes in the works. In short, he gives an extremely biased, deliberately biased view of astronomy for the express purpose of convincing his not very educated audience of the validity of chrisitianity.
    Does that about sum it up?
  9. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    27 Jan '10 07:18
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Ok, I watched it. The disdain I feel coming from this guy is amazing, he is basically doing ad hominem attacks on the astronomers who did not want to publish their work, implying they were so biased they did not want to accept a supernatural explanation for their discoveries. Also, he turned 'dark energy' into 'three kinds of DARKNESS" with subtle religiou ...[text shortened]... is not very educated audience of the validity of chrisitianity.
    Does that about sum it up?
    Good work, sonhouse! This should be summaraize int the opening posting.

Many are those who try to make science out of religion. They always fail.
  10. Germany
    Moves
    27 Jan '10 07:26
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Who is a biggot? Creationist Astronomer Hugh Ross?
    You made it to the third word!
  11. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    31 Jan '10 22:18
    This video has been removed due to terms of use violation.

Interesting You tube removed it.

Manny

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree