1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    03 Oct '08 23:32
    Showing the effects of stress on bacteria, a new molecule called Stressosome reacts to dangerous conditions in the bacterial environ and sends signals to the inner cell to start a big chain of events to express genes that are specially there to respond to the stress, whether temperature, salinity, whatever. Real interesting stuff.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/10/081002172007.htm
  2. Joined
    25 Oct '08
    Moves
    25 Oct '08 11:49
    True to some points.
    but, stress also changes the blood and moculer structure.
    The stress levels in a person would make them more problematic to illness.
    [Example: a person who is happy with their life has less illness than a perosn who is unhappy with their life]
    Would you say this is a fair statement? what are your thoughts on this?
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 Oct '08 12:10
    Originally posted by Dtime
    True to some points.
    but, stress also changes the blood and moculer structure.
    The stress levels in a person would make them more problematic to illness.
    [Example: a person who is happy with their life has less illness than a perosn who is unhappy with their life]
    Would you say this is a fair statement? what are your thoughts on this?
    Stress in humans releases cortisol, which is needed by the body in small quantities but the body reacts to stress by secreting more cortisol which among other things, effects ones memory, forgetting stuff like where is my purse, what did I do with that friggin remote, etc. Also effecting the immune system, suppressing its function so like you say, a happy person is a healthier person.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree