Science Forum

Science Forum

1. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    20 Jun '19 07:10
    @humy said
    Unlike you, no. I just look at what the science and the experts say.
    You do not know what the experts say. Most of climate scientists need to be polled to know that and it has never been done.
  2. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    20 Jun '19 07:39
    @metal-brain said
    You do not know what the experts say.
    false. I have read what they say.
  3. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    20 Jun '19 08:15
    @humy said
    false. I have read what they say.
    False. All polls were of a minority of climate scientists, not a majority.
  4. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    20 Jun '19 10:441 edit
    @metal-brain said
    False. All polls were of a minority of climate scientists, not a majority.
    So you think if, say, 10% of a large population was randomly selected and say 90% said yes to a question, you don't think that couldn't be good evidence that probably about 90% of the rest of the population would also say yes?
    As usual, you show complete ignorance of how statistics and science works.
  5. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    20 Jun '19 12:53
    @humy said
    So you think if, say, 10% of a large population was randomly selected and say 90% said yes to a question, you don't think that couldn't be good evidence that probably about 90% of the rest of the population would also say yes?
    As usual, you show complete ignorance of how statistics and science works.
    No. A majority of a minority is still a minority. Only a minority of climate scientists have been polled and released. If a poll of a majority exists it was suppressed. I have never seen it and neither have you.

Deepthought already did a good job of explaining to you why a poll of a minority could be flawed. Now you are pretending you do not remember.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 Jun '19 15:251 edit
    @metal-brain said
    No. A majority of a minority is still a minority. Only a minority of climate scientists have been polled and released. If a poll of a majority exists it was suppressed. I have never seen it and neither have you.

Deepthought already did a good job of explaining to you why a poll of a minority could be flawed. Now you are pretending you do not remember.
    Here is an interesting article talking about inconsistencies in climate change modeling, a big problem for climate science but they think they have resolved the issue:

https://phys.org/news/2019-06-evidence-reliability-climate.html

And this, about the melting of the Greenland ice sheet. Showing that cloud cover is more dominant in the melt than levels of CO2 or Methane:

https://phys.org/news/2019-06-clouds-dominate-uncertainties-future-greenland.html