1. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    13 Nov '19 15:50
    @metal-brain said
    There are pros and cons to everything,
    Right, and in this case more nons than pros.
    The science says warming will REDUCE the global average yield of most crops.
    And before you yet again shout "LIAR", here is just one example of the source of my info;

http://theconversation.com/climate-change-is-affecting-crop-yields-and-reducing-global-food-supplies-118897
    "...
  2. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    13 Nov '19 21:04
    @metal-brain said
    Copy and paste it. Then provide the specific link you are referring to. I posted two of them. I can't read your mind.
    Read the damn papers you post.
  3. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    13 Nov '19 21:16
    @deepthought said
    Read the damn papers you post.
    Which paper? I think you are making crap up again. Why no copy and paste? If you read it you would easily be able to do that. I don't think you read it at all. You are just fabricating nonsense in a feeble attempt to obfuscate.
  4. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    13 Nov '19 21:18
    @humy said
    Right, and in this case more nons than pros.
    The science says warming will REDUCE the global average yield of most crops.
    And before you yet again shout "LIAR", here is just one example of the source of my info;

http://theconversation.com/climate-change-is-affecting-crop-yields-and-reducing-global-food-supplies-118897
    "...
    Still no peer reviewed articles? More gossip from fringe websites with no credibility?

You are truly pathetic!
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Nov '19 22:08
    @Metal-Brain
    Oh, like the Scientific American post? I don't suppose you knew that original report WAS tried to get posted to peer review but Trump killed it, prevented it from posting because he didn't want word spread about ANYTHING negative about climate change. AND the science came from the USDA which as you know, Trump KILLED, hundreds of USDA scientists booted, don't want those assswipes telling ME about climate change hoax. So move to Kansas City where there is no building to actually conduct science or get the hell out.
    Guess what. THEY GOT THE HELL OUT. ALL QUIT. Which is exactly what Trump wanted in the first place.

Yessir, a PEACH of a POTUS we have here, may he rule for a thousand years.
  6. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    14 Nov '19 00:16
    @sonhouse said
    @Metal-Brain
    Oh, like the Scientific American post? I don't suppose you knew that original report WAS tried to get posted to peer review but Trump killed it, prevented it from posting because he didn't want word spread about ANYTHING negative about climate change. AND the science came from the USDA which as you know, Trump KILLED, hundreds of USDA scientists booted, don't w ...[text shortened]... ed in the first place.

Yessir, a PEACH of a POTUS we have here, may he rule for a thousand years.
    What is your source of information?
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 Nov '19 13:49
    @Metal-Brain
    I am at work and don't have time for your silly intellectual laziness games. Look it up yourself.
  8. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    14 Nov '19 14:09
    @sonhouse said
    @Metal-Brain
    I am at work and don't have time for your silly intellectual laziness games. Look it up yourself.
    Is that your psychological projection? You don't feel good about yourself because of your intellectual laziness, right?
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 Nov '19 15:02
    @Metal-Brain
    Nice try but that doesn't fly since we already posted the problem with the USDA, I KNOW what happened to the USDA and you should too. If you are actually interested you can just google USDA and find out how many scientists are still there now.
  10. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    14 Nov '19 17:40
    @sonhouse said
    @Metal-Brain
    Nice try but that doesn't fly since we already posted the problem with the USDA, I KNOW what happened to the USDA and you should too. If you are actually interested you can just google USDA and find out how many scientists are still there now.
    https://www.acsh.org/news/2018/05/24/no-carbon-dioxide-wont-cause-rice-nutrition-crisis-13012
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 Nov '19 18:23
    Analysis of ACSH.org

"The ACSH is known to be funded by corporations and tends to lean toward deregulation issues. Though not scientifically wrong, they exhibit a bias in favor of businesses.

Some of the products ACSH has defended over the years include DDT, asbestos, and Agent Orange, as well as common pesticides. ACSH has often called environmentalists and consumer activists “terrorists,” arguing that their criticisms and concerns about potential health and environmental risks are threats to society.

ACSH has been funded by big agri-businesses and trade groups like Kellogg, General Mills, Pepsico, and the American Beverage Association, among others. "
  12. Houston, TX
    Moves
    15 Nov '19 04:18
    ok, just jumping in on the end of the thread, but I know of NOBODY in in my daily life who is concerned with Climate Change. Literally NOBODY!! It leads me to believe it is simply a media invention. It is a completely fabricated crisis. Disclaimer: I Believe in climate variation, yes, i believe the climate of regions will vary over time. Climate science proves this to be true.
  13. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    15 Nov '19 05:42
    @jefftx said
    ok, just jumping in on the end of the thread, but I know of NOBODY in in my daily life who is concerned with Climate Change. Literally NOBODY!! It leads me to believe it is simply a media invention. It is a completely fabricated crisis. Disclaimer: I Believe in climate variation, yes, i believe the climate of regions will vary over time. Climate science proves this to be true.
    It's a little like worrying about death, one knows it's going to happen but gets on with life anyway.
  14. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    15 Nov '19 09:44
    @sonhouse said
    Analysis of ACSH.org

"The ACSH is known to be funded by corporations and tends to lean toward deregulation issues. Though not scientifically wrong, they exhibit a bias in favor of businesses.

Some of the products ACSH has defended over the years include DDT, asbestos, and Agent Orange, as well as common pesticides. ACSH has often called environmentalists and consumer ...[text shortened]... groups like Kellogg, General Mills, Pepsico, and the American Beverage Association, among others. "
    So what? The global warming movement was started by a crook and an oil tycoon.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maurice_Strong
  15. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    15 Nov '19 10:00
    @jefftx said
    I agree. Neanderthals lived during the Ice Age. That is a much more challenging environment to adapt to than GW and people are trying to get others to panic about it. As if we cannot adapt to a changing climate better than a Neanderthal. So absurd.

Some people just have this need to think the end of the world is coming. Remember how Y2K was supposed to make everything go to hell? Alarmists are just another doomsday cult. The end of the world is near, but the ocean front property in FL is still highly valued. Even democrats are buying it. Go figure. It is as if they don't believe their own rhetoric.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree