Sea level rise

Sea level rise

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

h

Moves
26 Nov 19
5 edits

@metal-brain said
People often have the baby chickens in the house when it is too cold outside.
No, they don't. Because, even in the countryside, most people don't have baby chickens.
All this is beside the point because, just I said:

"...most light bulbs are NOT USED to provide heating for chickens but are instead used in peoples homes for lighting. Therefore, regardless of whether a few are used for chickens, banning the least energy efficient bulbs (and also replacing them with LEDs) will STILL reduce energy wastage".

You have still not addressed this above.

You told me you lived in the city.
When? Where? Which post? I currently don't live in the city. I am a stone-throw distance away from farms. I even worked on many different farms over a period of a few decades. NOBODY I know of has ever had chickens in their house; which as I said is besides the point because most light bulbs are not used for poultry but lighting thus they waste much energy at least in summer.

MB

Moves
26 Nov 19

@humy said
No, they don't. Because, even in the countryside, most people don't have baby chickens.
All this is beside the point because, just I said:

"...most light bulbs are NOT USED to provide heating for chickens but are instead used in peoples homes for lighting. Therefore, regardless of whether a few are used for chickens, banning the least energy efficient bulbs (and also ...[text shortened]... st light bulbs are not used for poultry but lighting thus they waste much energy at least in summer.
I never said most people in the country have baby chickens. What is wrong with you? Look for a quote from me if you think I said something so absurd. People who buy baby chicks do not want them to die in the cold. Would you?

Restaurants use light bulbs to keep food warm. It is not just poultry. Do you think there are not plenty of applications for using light bulbs to heat? I knew a guy that made a home made egg incubator with a light bulb for heat.

People should have a choice. If you ban incandescent bulbs people will buy a bunch and hoard them before they are banned. It would make little difference.

h

Moves
26 Nov 19
2 edits

@metal-brain said
I never said most people in the country have baby chickens. What is wrong with you? Look for a quote from me if you think I said something so absurd. People who buy baby chicks do not want them to die in the cold. Would you?

Restaurants use light bulbs to keep food warm. It is not just poultry. Do you think there are not plenty of applications for using light bulbs to ...[text shortened]... ulbs people will buy a bunch and hoard them before they are banned. It would make little difference.
Restaurants use light bulbs to keep food warm. It is not just poultry.
Tell us; why cannot restaurants require specifically light bulbs to keep food warm rather than alternatives such as ovens etc? And what has this got to do with most people, that don't have live poultry and do not run restaurants, wasting energy by putting inefficient bulbs for lighting, not heating, in there homes even for summer lighting rather than use LEDs And HOW would therefore a banned on those bulbs NOT cause less energy to be wasted?

People should have a choice.
People should have choices but NOT have a choice to do harm. Should people have a choice to waste energy and thus do harm by using incandescent bulbs just for lighting, like most do, and not heating? How would a ban on the sales of such bulbs NOT put a stop to that?

If you ban incandescent bulbs people will buy a bunch and hoard them before they are banned.
A few silly people might but not the vast majority of people because most use more than one brain cell. They have already been in effect banned (not sure if officially but NONE of the local shops sell them any more) in my area and I saw nobody rushing to the shops to hoard them before that took effect. If they keep using the ones they hoarded, they will eventually run out as they have a limited working life and then they will be forced to use the many reasonable alternatives.
A ban would make a big difference to how many people use bulbs to waste energy.

h

Moves
26 Nov 19

My above misedit
"Tell us; why cannot restaurants ..."
should be
"Tell us; why would restaurants ..."

MB

Moves
27 Nov 19

@humy said
Restaurants use light bulbs to keep food warm. It is not just poultry.
Tell us; why cannot restaurants require specifically light bulbs to keep food warm rather than alternatives such as ovens etc? And what has this got to do with most people, that don't have live poultry and do not run restaurants, wasting energy by putting inefficient bulbs for lighting, not h ...[text shortened]... nable alternatives.
A ban would make a big difference to how many people use bulbs to waste energy.
"People should have choices but NOT have a choice to do harm."

Then explain that to wildgrass. He has the opposite view as you.

h

Moves
27 Nov 19
1 edit

@metal-brain said
"People should have choices but NOT have a choice to do harm."

Then explain that to wildgrass. He has the opposite view as you.
"opposite view" on what? Has he ever said you have a right to do harm?

MB

Moves
27 Nov 19

@humy said
"opposite view" on what? Has he ever said you have a right to do harm?
Stop being a chicken little alarmist. The Pliocene Epoch was warm enough to melt all glaciers. The world was thriving with life. Climate change is normal.

Sea level rise is steady and slow. Nobody will lose their beach front homes anytime soon. Democrats buy ocean front property too. Democrats sell flood insurance and democrats own banks and loan money so people can buy ocean front property.

Democrats don't believe most of their own rhetoric. They just like repeating rumors.

h

Moves
27 Nov 19

@metal-brain said
Stop being a chicken little alarmist. The Pliocene Epoch was warm enough to melt all glaciers. The world was thriving with life. Climate change is normal.

Sea level rise is steady and slow. Nobody will lose their beach front homes anytime soon. Democrats buy ocean front property too. Democrats sell flood insurance and democrats own banks and loan money so people can bu ...[text shortened]... t property.

Democrats don't believe most of their own rhetoric. They just like repeating rumors.
In other words, at shown by you changing the subject completely instead of answering my simple question, "opposite view" to nothing. You just talking made up BS.

MB

Moves
27 Nov 19

@humy said
In other words, at shown by you changing the subject completely instead of answering my simple question, "opposite view" to nothing. You just talking made up BS.
Look up "opposite".

h

Moves
27 Nov 19

@metal-brain said
Look up "opposite".
Which of my views is "opposite" to his?

MB

Moves
27 Nov 19

@humy said
Which of my views is "opposite" to his?
He supports consumer choice unlike you.

h

Moves
27 Nov 19

@metal-brain said
He supports consumer choice unlike you.
I also support consumer choice. So no opposing view there!

MB

Moves
27 Nov 19

@humy said
I also support consumer choice. So no opposing view there!
Not for light bulbs. Opposing view there.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
27 Nov 19

@metal-brain said
If you ban incandescent bulbs people will buy a bunch and hoard them before they are banned. It would make little difference.
So you do not have a problem with banning
incandescent bulbs as it would make little difference.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
27 Nov 19

@metal-brain said
Restaurants use light bulbs to keep food warm.
Infra-red bulbs would be more efficient which is what most restaurants use I believe.