1. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    28 Jun '08 08:47
    i have often wondered this and hope someone can shed some light....

if i eat a diet high in fat yet at the same time exercise every day will i be doing my body any harm as any excess fat wont have time to build up as i'll be burning it off..?
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    28 Jun '08 13:04
    Originally posted by eatmybishop

if i eat a diet high in fat yet at the same time exercise every day will i be doing my body any harm as any excess fat wont have time to build up as i'll be burning it off..?
    I think you would have to be a professional athlete to do that because normal folks would not be able to exercise intensely enough to burn off all the fat you take in.
  3. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    28 Jun '08 16:19
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I think you would have to be a professional athlete to do that because normal folks would not be able to exercise intensely enough to burn off all the fat you take in.
    I am not an expert her but judging from the many articles I have read on the connections between diet and health, it mainly depends on what sort of fat it is:

If it is mainly saturated fat then the exercise, although no doubt would be very beneficial to your health, could only ever partly compensate for the high fat diet. 🙁

If it is mainly polyunsaturated fat then it may not even damage your health with no exercise unless the quality you consume makes you overweight. 🙂

And, if it is mainly monounsaturated fat then its hard to say -the jury is still out on this one. 😕
  4. Australia
    Moves
    29 Jun '08 01:23
    Originally posted by eatmybishop

In terms of not being overweight...... if you burn as many calories as you consume then you will not be overweight, burn more than you consume and you lose weight.

However, having fat as a major source of calorie intake would certainly cause you health problems in the long term as your diet would lack certain vitamins and amino acids etc

Go for it! Nothing but pork scratchings for the next month :0)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree