1. Zugzwang
    Joined
    08 Jun '07
    Moves
    2120
    21 Sep '17 21:48
    http://www.the-scientist.com/?articles.view/articleNo/50410/title/Sexual-Touch-Promotes-Early-Puberty/

    "Sexual Touch Promotes Early Puberty
    The brains and bodies of young female rats can be accelerated into
    puberty by the presence of an older male or by stimulation of the genitals."

    "Contrary to the longstanding belief that puberty is largely controlled by
    hormones, new evidence shows that sexual touch is a powerful puberty promoter.
    Touching prepubescent female rats’ genitals can cause the brain region
    that responds to such tactile stimuli to double in size and their bodies to
    show signs of puberty up to three weeks earlier than non-stimulated
    females, according to a report in PLOS Biology today (September 21).
    The study reveals the hitherto unappreciated influence of physical sexual
    experience on the young brain and body."

    "This new work “provides insight into the possible mechanisms underlying
    the widely observed, but poorly understood, phenomenon of puberty
    occurring about a year earlier in girls who have been sexually abused,”
    says psychiatrist Jay Giedd of the University of California, San Diego.
    The caveat, of course, is that these studies were in rats and such
    experiments would obviously be impossible to conduct in humans.
    Nevertheless, Giedd adds, “it would be really amazing if this mechanism
    only occurred in rats.”
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52619
    22 Sep '17 13:24
    Originally posted by @duchess64
    http://www.the-scientist.com/?articles.view/articleNo/50410/title/Sexual-Touch-Promotes-Early-Puberty/

    "Sexual Touch Promotes Early Puberty
    The brains and bodies of young female rats can be accelerated into
    puberty by the presence of an older male or by stimulation of the genitals."

    "Contrary to the longstanding belief that puberty is largely con ...[text shortened]... Nevertheless, Giedd adds, “it would be really amazing if this mechanism
    only occurred in rats.”
    The abuse inherent in human females already takes place so it is now just a matter of statistical analysis now that the phenomena has been shown to exist. One question I would bring up, is this faster puberty tied to other health or psycological issues? I would think psychological issues would be obvious.
  3. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Joined
    08 Mar '11
    Moves
    9780
    25 Sep '17 21:19
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    The abuse inherent in human females already takes place so it is now just a matter of statistical analysis now that the phenomena has been shown to exist.
    "I know you're a sexually molested child, but would you mind telling me if helped with puberty?"
  4. Zugzwang
    Joined
    08 Jun '07
    Moves
    2120
    26 Sep '17 00:50
    Originally posted by @vivify to Sonhouse
    "I know you're a sexually molested child, but would you mind telling me if helped with puberty?"
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16629535

    "Early experience of sexual intercourse--a risk factor for cervical cancer requiring specific intervention for teenagers."
Back to Top