St Johns Wort

St Johns Wort

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

e

Moves
07 Mar 13
1 edit

Originally posted by KazetNagorra
MDMA is a controlled substance because lawmakers think drugs are bad m'kay. Not because of its health risks, which are far smaller than those of alcohol and tobacco.
Yes m'kay, but that attitude sucks ... n No its worse then alcohol n tobacco. its not that toxic like st johns wort . but i always thought if there is room for a party pill, ectasy isn't it .. its too crude, it makes it onto the black market cos its easy to make.

e

Moves
07 Mar 13
4 edits

Going back to st johns wort, i would put a big label on the bottle especially trinctures (if you take it as pills, its probably a tiny amount)

Ectasy can kill young people, which is very sad, but st johns wort is at the other end of the scale its a granny killer! they are poisoning themselves with it ... sertlraline is much safer n more effective ... i did worry a bit that when i picked e4chris people might think e ... but it is e4! e4 only.

e

Moves
07 Mar 13
3 edits

This thread is about questionable herbal remedies, you could probably find a few in the chinese medicine shops that pop up, a few good things too, I notice they stay open...

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
08 Mar 13

Originally posted by e4chris
Ectasy can kill young people, which is very sad, but st johns wort is at the other end of the scale its a granny killer! they are poisoning themselves with it ...
Show some evidence please.

e

Moves
08 Mar 13

Originally posted by wolfgang59
Show some evidence please.
why do you insist on silly questions?

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
08 Mar 13

why do you insist on silly questions?
It wasn't a question.

But I do have one.

Why do you insist on posting nonsense?

e

Moves
08 Mar 13
1 edit

I thoroughly recomend st johns wort and a nice day in the garden with a G n T for you.

I'm sorry if any of the information i provided is nonsense, silly me.

jb

Moves
08 Mar 13

Originally posted by KazetNagorra
They should be regulated in the same way as synthetic products.
Regulated the same way your underwear color is regulated. By your government.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
08 Mar 13

I'm sorry if any of the information i provided is nonsense, silly me.
Apology accepted.
Now go read a book.

e

Moves
08 Mar 13
1 edit

Originally posted by wolfgang59
Apology accepted.
Now go read a book.
I make comments in the science forums as i have a science degree, its you who badly needs a book on this I have plenty of them. Including about 5 mentioning st johns wort.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
08 Mar 13

I make comments in the science forums as i have a science degree, its you who badly needs a book on this I have plenty of them. Including about 5 mentioning st johns wort.
I studied the Haber Process when I was 16 - it was in the GCSE "O" level
syllabus; it's hardly cutting-edge science. Photo-sensitivity caused by St John's
Wort is well known. The general quality of your posts is poor; poor grammar,
poor spelling, bad logic.

There are plenty of really smart people on RHP that I can learn from ... you are
not one of them.

PS Every gardening book I have mentions St Johns Wort (Hypericum) and I have about 20. Doesnt make me an expert!

h

Moves
08 Mar 13
3 edits

What have you got a science degree in? were did you take it and what is your grade?

I do not believe that you need a science degree to qualify to post in a science forum but just having some basic understanding of science and, in particular, scientific method, would help a lot.

Personally I have a broad variety of science qualifications (AI, computing, maths, horticulture and some physics) just short of an actual science degree. But, even if I did none of those courses and got none of those qualifications, I think I would still be well suited for this forum for I would still have good broad understanding of science.

e

Moves
09 Mar 13
7 edits

Originally posted by humy
What have you got a science degree in? were did you take it and what is your grade?

I do not believe that you need a science degree to qualify to post in a science forum but just having some basic understanding of science and, in particular, scientific method, would help a lot.

Personally I have a broad variety of science qualifications (AI, computing, ma ...[text shortened]... still be well suited for this forum for I would still have good broad understanding of science.
True, not saying you need to be qualified at all, nor that i am , i have a very bad science degree 🙂 My Knowledge is mostly accumulated tv / net / book rubbish.

Wolfgang if you want to be indifferent to toxins, as i do with smoking, but try to avoid elsewhere, that is your choice, some people do n probably make it to 80. but it could bite u or me. I do learn and if one of my threads is dead i don't try to keep it going, but some seem to be doing ok.

St johns wort is on the borderline am not saying ban it, just it's note worthy. There are worse cases.

h

Moves
09 Mar 13
2 edits

True, not saying you need to be qualified at all, nor that i am , i have a very bad science degree 🙂 My Knowledge is mostly accumulated tv / net / book rubbish.

Wolfgang if you want to be indifferent to toxins, as i do with smoking, but try to avoid elsewhere, that is your choice, some people do n probably make it to 80. but it could bite u or me. I do wort is on the borderline am not saying ban it, just it's note worthy. There are worse cases.
i have a very bad science degree My Knowledge is mostly accumulated tv / net / book rubbish.

Hey! That's not a science degree!
That's much further away from a science degree than what I got. I was tempted to say that I had "half of a science degree" because I have got roughly half the necessary qualifications for a officially recognized science degree but then felt that saying I have 'half' of one lacks clear meaning.

K

Germany

Moves
09 Mar 13

I have a science degree, so I'm right.