1. Standard memberwoodypusher
    misanthrope
    seclusion
    Joined
    22 Jan '13
    Moves
    1834
    29 Jan '14 21:16
    http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg22129542.500-stem-cell-power-unleashed-after-30-minute-dip-in-acid.html
  2. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    625
    30 Jan '14 08:54
    Originally posted by woodypusher
    http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg22129542.500-stem-cell-power-unleashed-after-30-minute-dip-in-acid.html
    it says "...A LITTLE stress is all it took to make new life from old..." which makes me wonder if there is a way to 'stress' all the cells in my body to reverse the aging process (short of turning me into a hideously giant embryo/baby ) thus stop me dieing of old age by making me young again?
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52619
    30 Jan '14 14:21
    Originally posted by humy
    it says "...A LITTLE stress is all it took to make new life from old..." which makes me wonder if there is a way to 'stress' all the cells in my body to reverse the aging process (short of turning me into a hideously giant embryo/baby ) thus stop me dieing of old age by making me young again?
    Who was it who said 'most people want to achieve immortality through their works. I want to achieve immortality through not dying'?
  4. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    625
    30 Jan '14 16:321 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Who was it who said 'most people want to achieve immortality through their works. I want to achieve immortality through not dying'?
    Woody Allen 🙂

    That quote continues as "I don't want to live on in the hearts of my countrymen; I want to live on in my apartment. "
  5. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Cosmopolis
    Joined
    27 Oct '04
    Moves
    78634
    11 Mar '14 17:24
    It looks like they are backtracking on this since no one else seems to be able to reproduce the effect.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52619
    11 Mar '14 17:42
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    It looks like they are backtracking on this since no one else seems to be able to reproduce the effect.
    Maybe the other experimenters who saw the bit about acid thought they were using LSD?
Back to Top