Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Science Forum

Science Forum

1. Standard member woodypusher
    misanthrope
    29 Jan '14 21:16
    http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg22129542.500-stem-cell-power-unleashed-after-30-minute-dip-in-acid.html
  2. 30 Jan '14 08:54
    Originally posted by woodypusher
    http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg22129542.500-stem-cell-power-unleashed-after-30-minute-dip-in-acid.html
    it says "...A LITTLE stress is all it took to make new life from old..." which makes me wonder if there is a way to 'stress' all the cells in my body to reverse the aging process (short of turning me into a hideously giant embryo/baby ) thus stop me dieing of old age by making me young again?
  3. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    30 Jan '14 14:21
    Originally posted by humy
    it says "...A LITTLE stress is all it took to make new life from old..." which makes me wonder if there is a way to 'stress' all the cells in my body to reverse the aging process (short of turning me into a hideously giant embryo/baby ) thus stop me dieing of old age by making me young again?
    Who was it who said 'most people want to achieve immortality through their works. I want to achieve immortality through not dying'?
  4. 30 Jan '14 16:32 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Who was it who said 'most people want to achieve immortality through their works. I want to achieve immortality through not dying'?
    Woody Allen

That quote continues as "I don't want to live on in the hearts of my countrymen; I want to live on in my apartment. "
  5. Standard member DeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    11 Mar '14 17:24
    It looks like they are backtracking on this since no one else seems to be able to reproduce the effect.
  6. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    11 Mar '14 17:42
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    It looks like they are backtracking on this since no one else seems to be able to reproduce the effect.
    Maybe the other experimenters who saw the bit about acid thought they were using LSD?