1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Nov '17 20:004 edits
    Oh, I forgot to mention. It's not enough to form a 4-dimensional loop and everything just pops into existence just the way we like it. It all has to balance. To sum to zero.

The best way of achieving this is to make it a mental universe where the physical plane
    serves as a metaphor (and can thus be asymmetrical). You'll then need to hack (technically it would be an exclusion principle) the machine that simulated all this out of existence and into all creatures. That should fix it.

edit. That put's us somewhere between a 3 and a 4. A 3.5 if you will as represented by the number of coils in the caduceus. As above, so below. A never ending spiral upwards. Of course, things would have to start off as s**t as possible for that to work.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 Nov '17 22:20
    Originally posted by @christopher-albon
    Well, sure you could do it that way but if, at the point of creation, you've already got all the information you need to start it say 10,000 years ago. Why not do that and spoof the other few billion years?

edit. I don't have A god. I'm a polytheist! FFS.
    According to your polytheism, when was life on Earth started?
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Nov '17 03:21
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    According to your polytheism, when was life on Earth started?
    I don't know. As long as we set the boundaries to suffering then anytime is good.
  4. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    10 Nov '17 15:53
    I don't know. As long as we set the boundaries to suffering then anytime is good.
    I like how you think outside the box. Just twisting the dials of humanity like a boss.

It does make it almost impossible to have a coherent conversation about evidence however.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 Nov '17 16:46
    What is your OPINION as to when life started on Earth? Any life, microbes, dinosaurs, whatever.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Nov '17 17:482 edits
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    What is your OPINION as to when life started on Earth? Any life, microbes, dinosaurs, whatever.
    My OPINION is that somebody got busy separating polytheism out into monotheism and science.

edit. Sorry Sonhouse. You deserve a more thorough explanation than that. Life is as old as science tells us it is (most probably). However, given the unfolding nature of complexity it very well may be that we are able to simulate the 'known' universe quite easily in the future. The question you should be asking is what is the likelihood that two organisms became symbiotic to give rise to Mitochodria (mitachlorines in star wars). That the moon is the distance and scale it is and that we're currently living on the precipice of potential immortality?
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 Nov '17 21:56
    My OPINION is that somebody got busy separating polytheism out into monotheism and science.

edit. Sorry Sonhouse. You deserve a more thorough explanation than that. Life is as old as science tells us it is (most probably). However, given the unfolding nature of complexity it very well may be that we are able to simulate the 'known' universe qu ...[text shortened]... tance and scale it is and that we're currently living on the precipice of potential immortality?
    Well since lunar astronauts installed the retro reflector we can measure the distance to the moon within inches, since countless experiments has shown the speed of light to be 299792458 meters per second exactly and has been that way for decades, it is one of the fundamentals of the universe. Since we know how long it takes a laser pulse to go to the moon and back it is trivial to measure the distance.
  8. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    12 Nov '17 12:06
    Well now, that's an interesting take on Darwinism.

I would totally agree that Darwinism goes far beyond the perceived notion of survival of the fittest and into Art, symmetry and beauty (look at the bird kingdom. Human reproductive organs, not so much).

However, to suggest that the selection method itself may be subject to a greater, more de ...[text shortened]... ings scientific) supernatural forces cease being supernatural once their function is understood?
    "Or (as with most things scientific) supernatural forces cease being supernatural once their function is understood?"

I'd say supernatural forces cease being supernatural to the extent their function is understood.
  9. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    23 Nov '17 03:35
    Is the human brain too complicated to have evolved by chance?

Could it be that the human brain houses the mechanisms required to exploit science and technology and inevitably lead to it's own formation?

If so, does that then make the human brain a 4 dimensional construct?
    I'm not sure about the 4 dimensional construct, but everything else is right on! 🙂
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    30 Nov '17 19:07
    Originally posted by @mchill
    I'm not sure about the 4 dimensional construct, but everything else is right on! 🙂
    It IS a 4 D construct. It has 3 space dimensions and time, signals passing this way and that in the time domain, so by definition is is 4D. But so is a car engine or transistor or Iphone.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Dec '17 02:461 edit
    That's not what I meant. I meant that the brain had to be the way it is in order to be able to create itself. I should be more careful with my words. A construct which is selected for due to it's ability to eventually create itself.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree